Continuing with my Joplin arrangements, this is Joplin at his best. I've  arranged a second banjo part, with which I'm quite pleased, making this a very melodious banjo duet. I like this a lot and has gone to the top of my favourites list. The midi with the 2nd banjo part and the scores are in the library...Steve.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both this one and "Silver Swan" are great arrangements. Thank you so much for doing them!

Probably something to do with my computer, but the MIDI files are playing an octave too high on this end. Sounds like a Banjeaurine and Piccolo duet. ;-)

Searchlight sounds ok at this end. And yes, very nice arrangement!

Thanks for your kind comments (Jody and Marc)..In the past, I hadn't paid too much attention to Joplin's music until I began arranging some of his tunes which has made me appreciate what an excellent composer of ragtime music he was. I have several more of his tunes ready to post and a few more on my 'to do' list. There are a few of his compositions that I'm not convinced will be suitable for the banjo but I'll give them a try and see what I can make of them.......Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

Both this one and "Silver Swan" are great arrangements. Thank you so much for doing them!

Probably something to do with my computer, but the MIDI files are playing an octave too high on this end. Sounds like a Banjeaurine and Piccolo duet. ;-)

I've been trying to get our "Adult Strings" group (I'm playing viola) to play "Bethena" for ages. Our fearless leader seems to think Joplin only wrote two compositions, "The Entertainer" and "Maple Leaf Rag"...I need to get her listening to more. I finally got her to agree to "La Paloma" (the tango) this semester. She said she would never have thought of having us do a tango...and they can sound sooooo wonderful with a string orchestra.

"Elite Syncopations" is a neat one of Joplin's...I've heard it done on the banjo. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service