Just added to the library are my arrangements of two James Scott rags together with midis. I don't think these have ever been arranged for banjo before but if anyone does know of any, let me know....Steve.

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much Steve,

Great arrangements of great rags.  I am I the only one (apart from Steve) who loves ragtime and particularly ragtime on classic banjo?

Steve and I have worked together on quite a few ragtime arrangements. Fortunately Steve does the hard work and I just mess about adding fiddly bits ;-)

When first learning to play I was always getting told off for not playing exactly what was on the score. Even Morley wasn't immune to my "improvements" !  I put it down to me  having quite a good ear but mainly to being a lousy score reader!

There is no excuse I know, but I suppose that I just won't be able to resist altering and adding bits to Steve's arrangements.   Fortunately he has got in first with his uploads,  before I get a chance :-)

Thanks Steve, they are great.

Thanks Ian..It's no problem for me to alter the score with any suggested amendments or alterations. These arrangements are only my take on the tunes and I welcome any input from anyone....Steve.

Neither Ossman nor Olly Oakley played what was on the page. They even played their own compositions differently from the printed versions. Ossman tended to simplify. If a 3 note chord was written he'd often only play the one note in the chord that was the melody note. Oakley tended to complimacate the timing and ornamentation of the music, and for the better. I'm not talking about his frequent mistakes in execution. I think any of his versions of Sweet Jasmine are better than what the dots on the printed score represent. Van Eps deviated too. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service