GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) May 25th. 2018

GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)

CLASSIC-BANJO.NING.COM WEBSITE

The new European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") comes into effect May 25, 2018. The Ning Platform is hosted, and personal data is stored, on web servers in the United States and operates under U.S. Law, but if you access the Ning Platform from within the European Union the laws governing data collection and use may differ from U.S. law.

To help the Classic-Banjo.ning.com website comply with the European GDPR Privacy requirements please review your privacy settings by logging into the website and going to 'Settings' (top right of the Home page).

From the ‘My Settings’ page please check your preferences on each of the sub-headings:

Profile, Privacy, Email, My Page and Connections. You can also change or remove any personal information that you entered at the time you signed up to the website.

GDPR relating to photographs and videos, Announcements

and Forum discussion comments.

GDPR requires your consent to identify you in photos and videos, announcements and comments so please inform us by email (thereallyniceman@yahoo.co.uk) if you want any photos/videos removed or announcements or forum discussion comments amended. In the future, please continue to share your photographs, videos, announcements and comments on the website, as normal, and we will assume that by posting them you give your consent, but do bear in mind that you need to get consent if you want to identify someone else.

How is your data used?

The data you have supplied will only be used for the operation of the website, such as to display name and photo for announcements, discussion posts etc., and to email you from time to time details of Classic Banjo related events and web forum discussions. Your data will NOT be shared with any other organisations and NOT used for marketing or any other commercial purposes by Classic-Banjo.ning.com. If you do not want to receive emails please go to the ‘Settings’ sub-menu ‘Email’ and ‘Turn Off all Emails' at the bottom of the page.

How do we protect your personal data?

We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. As a member you must accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the Internet and not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.

All information that you have provided to us is stored; by our web hosting service Ning.com, on secure, password protected, servers. You can control settings for the use of this data as detailed above. Please be assured that Classic-Banjo.ning.com will never sell your personal data, and will only ever share it with third parties where we have your permission

What are your rights?

At any time, you have the right to request information about the personal data Classic-Banjo.ning.com holds on you. If you would like to make a request for information please contact us using the ‘REPORT AN ISSUE’ link at the bottom of the HOME page. You have the right to request modifications, updates or removal of your data.

We recommend that you review your privacy settings on a regular basis to ensure they are in line with your current preferences.

The following links are to:

Members’ Terms of Service for Classic-Banjo.ning.com

https://classic-banjo.ning.com/main/authorization/termsOfService

Privacy Policy of our Web Hosting Service (Ning Interactive Inc.)

https://www.ning.com/privacy/

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On my monitor, using Safari as web browser, the top left of the home page is the New Banjo DJ.  "Settings" appears right of center and down a little inside the little box with my name on the top that you have shown.  This box appears on the page I am on right now as I type, which is not the home page.  Curiouser and curiouser.

Typo corrected...Right hand side :-)

Thank you for proof reading!

Yes it appears on all pages but when you arrive at the website  classic-banjo.ning.com to LOG IN,

that is the Home page.  

I have had a look at all the settings and don't see anything I want to change. Do I need to click "save" or is just leaving things as they are sufficient?

No need to SAVE if there are no changes..    There are changes...  Click SAVE !

I don't want to change.

Joel... Nobody does, except the bureaucrats, want to change things... ask Mark Juckerberg.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/04/zuckerberg-gdpr/

I assume that the ABF, who have European members have implemented the GDPR requirements????

The ABF does not have any General Data to protect.

Maybe when the military man, Mr. Data, joined the ABF he was only Private Data, now he has risen through the ranks to become General Data?

:-)

Color me 'generally updated' and having gone thru the change unchanged. ;-)

Welcome back General Smith...   your commands completed as instructed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service