This a a rare composition by the banjoist Paul Eno. I've no idea if he ever arranged it for banjo as I've been unable to locate a score of any sort. All I could find was a midi recording which I converted it into no less than 9 pages of music from which I worked out my arrangement. Eno is only credited with around half a dozen published compositions and this one, in my opinion, is equally as good as Cupid's Arrow and Ragtime Episode...The score and midi are in the library....Steve.   

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve,  I did not count them all, but the ABF has around 75 or so with Eno's name attached in their library.  

If you join, you get access to this and they are digitizing sheets now.

They list that they have "An African Smile" in A notation, published in the Cadenza, 1905. Looks like they only have a first banjo part.

Contact Eli Kaufman to join (if you are not already a member, I did not see your name in the book).

I'll add that SSS published several of Eno's pieces (including an early version of "Ragtime Episode") in A notation. Eno was even the music editor for SSS' Journal for a short time when SSS was sick/dying/dead.

I've been practicing a beautiful and atmospheric Paul Eno composition for the last few weeks. It's called Valse de Concert. I'll ask my question in a separate post so as to not hijack this conversation.

Hi Joel, thank's for the info, I searched all over the web and couldn't find any mention of Eno other than a few recordings of his music in the Library of Congress. I'll have to get round to joining the ABF, as a Brit, it's something I've not considered before....Steve.
Joel Hooks said:

Hi Steve,  I did not count them all, but the ABF has around 75 or so with Eno's name attached in their library.  

If you join, you get access to this and they are digitizing sheets now.

They list that they have "An African Smile" in A notation, published in the Cadenza, 1905. Looks like they only have a first banjo part.

Contact Eli Kaufman to join (if you are not already a member, I did not see your name in the book).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service