Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where does Steve find these great ragtime tunes?

Steve Harrison has produced yet another great arrangement of a rare Ragtime piece for Classic Banjo. This one is entitled “Halley’s Comet”…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Sep 25, 2012

A Rare Recording by John Pidoux

Here is a rare recording of Sousa’s “Stars and Stripes March” played by Mr. John Pidoux.   Pidoux (b.1875 - d.1954) was an excellent Briti…

1 Sep 22, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Morgan Three Wheeler March by Steve Harrison.

In 1907, The Morgan Motor Car Company began in Malvern, Worcestershire  and is now the oldest continuous car manufacturing company  in the…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Sep 20, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

Sapho Rag...A very Rare Rag now available for Classic Style Banjo

Steve has done it yet again with another Ragtime piece the Sapho Rag is described as: An outstanding rag and a real barn-burner. It was als…

1 Sep 20, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

Photos of Recent Backwell Banjo Rally in the UK

David  Wade posted a few photos, but I have re-posted for him as there was a little corruption during the upload. Only just unpacked th…

0 Sep 18, 2012

Backwell Rally 2012

Good heavens a week has gone by! Only just unpacked the car to repack it to get No2 daughter back to University. Brilliant day had by all a…

Started by David Wade

1 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by David Wade

Clifford Essex a man before his time!

I noticed that someone was selling pages from an old book about UK Music Hall entertainers from the early 1900s and immediately reali…

1 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Mike Moss

First attempt at recording myself - A banjo oddity - Joe Morley

Started by Jean-Marie van de Laar

7 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Jean-Marie van de Laar

The Enchantress (Transcribed to C Notation)

I've attached my transcription of Frederick J. Bacon's "The Enchantress" into C notation -- this is just the bare bones musical score as my…

Started by Mike Moss

6 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

Article on Classic Banjo in "Soundboard" Magazine!

Some of you might remember Richard Yates, the classical guitarist, and his brief sojourn on our site during which he produced some very fin…

Started by Mike Moss

0 Sep 12, 2012

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service