Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In the background

I see that we have another new member - a very warm welcome to you and to all the other recent people who have signed up to this discussion…

Started by thereallynicelady

2 Feb 15, 2015
Reply by Patrick Garner

Yankee Girl (1904) Jens Bodewalt Lampe

This is another lively tune from the composer of Creole Belle and Happy Heine. It's got lots going on with a good variation of musical sty…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

BEAT THE NERVES.... I think that we all need that!

Site member and professional music teacher (yes, Classic Style Banjo too!) Danielle Saxon Reeves, has asked me to let people know about a…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Rare Professional-Size Electric

This is a banjo that I couldn't pass up.  It's an extremely rare custom order from the Fairbanks-Vega factory, made in 1909.  The rim is 12…

Started by John Cohen

2 Feb 11, 2015
Reply by Patrick Garner

Strings for a 29 1/2'' scale banjo

Will any production nylon strings work for this scale length?  I had no problems with the Labella classic set on my Van Eps (28 1/2'' scale…

Started by John Cohen

6 Feb 11, 2015
Reply by Texican65

B.A.S. Sufferers - look away!

Hello - I thought I'd share this, as I know there just might be some collectors out there: http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalo

Started by carrie horgan

3 Feb 10, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Wax cylinder recording

I bought a wax cylinder recording at a car boot, it has a hand written title "Banjo solo Darky Tichler" has any one heard of him, the name…

Started by Barry irwin

2 Feb 9, 2015
Reply by Barry irwin

Gad Robinson Fairbanks

I've narrowed my choice of new banjos down to two- the Orpheum No. 3 Special I mentioned in a previous thread, and a Fairbanks Gad Robinson…

Started by John Cohen

3 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

What's the absolutely "best" available instruction for classic?

Hi All, I'm an old bluegrass player, recently enamored of late 19th century banjo playing. The more I dig into today's resources, the most…

Started by Patrick Garner

9 Feb 7, 2015
Reply by Patrick Garner

Custom made banjos

Can anybody recommend me a maker of classic banjos who could build me something within a $2200 budget?  

Started by John Cohen

0 Feb 7, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service