This is another lively tune from the composer of Creole Belle and Happy Heine.

It's got lots going on with a good variation of musical styles. It's not a tune I'd heard before so I rather think that this may be the first time its been arranged for banjo. I've included two versions of the score, the second version plays bars 38-53 an octave higher, as was originally written in the piano score, and may need fairy fingers to be able to play it on banjo. The scores and midi are in the library....Steve.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice. Thanks--

Hi Patrick, I'm happy that you liked it. Lampe wrote some good tunes, I've got a few more to have a closer look at in due course. One of my first posted arrangements was Creole Belle which I did with Ian. He made a great video playing the arrangement and is well worth a look if you haven't already....Steve.

Patrick Garner said:

Nice. Thanks--

Hi Steve : Nice banjo arrangement, but apparently not the first.

Vess Ossman recorded this piece for American Records some time between 1904 and 1907. Haven't come across a copy. Maybe it will turn up on Youtube one day.

Hi Shawn, Thanks for that, if anyone was going to record it it would have been Osman, he could always spot a good tune. Let's hope someone can turn up the recording...Steve.

Shawn McSweeny said:

Hi Steve : Nice banjo arrangement, but apparently not the first.

Vess Ossman recorded this piece for American Records some time between 1904 and 1907. Haven't come across a copy. Maybe it will turn up on Youtube one day.

Hi Steve : Ossman's full repertoire was said to be "vast", from which he recorded only those tunes best suited to the medium. That still amounted to over 260 well chosen instrumental pieces, several of which were his own compositions.

You've been doing a fine job of spotting good tunes for transcription yourself.

Thanks Shawn, it keeps me busy and out of Gill's( my wife) way.  Being retired and with two active grand kids, I need some time to myself once in a while. There are lots of  yet to be discovered historic musical gems and I enjoy the search....Steve. 

Shawn McSweeny said:

Hi Steve : Ossman's full repertoire was said to be "vast", from which he recorded only those tunes best suited to the medium. That still amounted to over 260 well chosen instrumental pieces, several of which were his own compositions.

You've been doing a fine job of spotting good tunes for transcription yourself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service