Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Tennessee Tantalizer (1900).......Charles Hunter

This is a pleasant composition with a Latin feel to it and some interesting chord changes. It has a Habanera rhythm throughout the first se…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Nov 1, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Thimbles

This old Patent is interesting, but I'm a bit worried about the position of the 5th Peg.

Started by Ray Jones

5 Nov 1, 2015
Reply by Joel Hooks

The Darkies Picnic (1899) Lawrence B. O'Connor

An early cakewalk that begins like a reel that then morphs into the cakewalk. With the composer being O'Connor, there is an understandabl…

2 Oct 29, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Edwin Sparkes (You and a Canoe)

Does anyone have his contact information?  I'd love to get a copy of his 5-string version of You and a Canoe.   *Edit* Just found You and…

Started by John Cohen

2 Oct 27, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

Fred Van Eps original Manuscripts.

If you want to see the way "The Pros" got their solos to "flow" under their fingers you can do no better than look at original arrangements…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Oct 27, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Hal Allert has been busy!

Over the last few months Hal has been putting together multi part arrangements for from one to five banjos. He has sent me scores of his ar…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Oct 24, 2015

A discussion on speed

Greetings one and all Following my last question, I have resolved to learn to sight read. It's a slow process but I have found sight readi…

Started by Eric Womersley

5 Oct 23, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Rags And Tatters (1900)..Edward Clark Jnr.

This is an early march/two-step which may be worth a try for those who haven't tried much rag time. It uses G tuning and some of my sugges…

14 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Miss Dixie (Corn Bread And Sugar Cane)...Fred. W. Hager

This is my 9th Dixie inspired arrangement, it is a compilation of a number of American popular songs but in my opinion, it's one of the bes…

2 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

And now for something different

Here's an item you don't see everyday.  A Clifford Essex footstool. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/clifford-essex-foot-stool-/121790871249?

Started by Jody Stecher

4 Oct 18, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service