An early cakewalk that begins like a reel that then morphs into the cakewalk.

With the composer being O'Connor, there is an understandable Celtic influence. It's not too hard on the fingers and the first section would stand alone for what it is. The score and midi are in the library.....Steve.

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, that first strain is very catchy...and the rest isn't bad. I don't know how you spot these...but you do a great job!

Thanks Marc, it just takes patience and a good ear, for every 20 or 30 that I find, maybe 1 or 2  I list as possibles. Many of them just wouldn't suit banjo. When I have a reasonable number of possibles I whittle them down to a final 'to do' list. At the moment I've got about 20 on the list. The number of on line music libraries and other websites holding rag time and march music is so numerous, that I doubt I'll ever get to see and hear all of it.

Most of the stuff I play tends to be my own arrangements but with around 250 my most recent ones are those I play most often......Steve. 

Trapdoor2 said:

I agree, that first strain is very catchy...and the rest isn't bad. I don't know how you spot these...but you do a great job!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service