Shawn McSweeny's Discussions (208)

Discussions Replied To (193) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Rob- Yes, the string (and scale) length is 2" shorter. With advancing years, my c…"

Shawn McSweeny replied May 12 to Eastman EBJ-WL for CB rep?

10 May 12
Reply by Rob MacKillop

"Hi Rob -The Eastman WL2 is a close copy of the original. In fact, a friend and fello…"

Shawn McSweeny replied May 12 to Eastman EBJ-WL for CB rep?

10 May 12
Reply by Rob MacKillop

"Joel : By 1901, Ossman had recorded WR for Columbia, Berliner, Edison, Zonophone, Vi…"

Shawn McSweeny replied May 3 to Most Popular Classic Banjo Tunes

51 May 6
Reply by carrie horgan

"Joel  : Ossman's 1890's recordings, with no modulated strain, set the standard for W…"

Shawn McSweeny replied May 3 to Most Popular Classic Banjo Tunes

51 May 6
Reply by carrie horgan

"My pics of the Unger "Snakewood Electric", shot on one of Doug's visits a few years…"

Shawn McSweeny replied Apr 30 to NEW PAGE ON WEBSITE ADDED

22 May 9
Reply by Daniel Bradbury

"Even though it has drifted considerably off-topic, this has been an interesting, if…"

Shawn McSweeny replied Apr 12 to It's here! The new Clifford Essex Weaver

36 Apr 13
Reply by Trapdoor2

"That was a huge amount of work Steve. Nice job. However, some inquiries may have sav…"

Shawn McSweeny replied Oct 20, 2018 to The Darkey's Barbecue (1896).....Vess Ossman

2 Oct 20, 2018
Reply by Steve Harrison

"Joel : The A/C notation change and string durability are secondary factors. One must…"

Shawn McSweeny replied Oct 3, 2018 to Tony Trischka's excellent video on "Classic Style Banjo"

36 Oct 9, 2018
Reply by Trapdoor2

" The RS Williams banjos are fairly close SS Stewart copies, but otherwise there is n…"

Shawn McSweeny replied Mar 30, 2018 to Pride and Progress

11 Apr 9, 2018
Reply by david caron

"Hi Ian;  This is a terrific addition and nicely presented. I'm sure the Musselbrook…"

Shawn McSweeny replied Feb 8, 2018 to F.C. Musselbrook and The London Banjo Club

10 Feb 10, 2018
Reply by Joel Hooks

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service