Turner's 101 Breakdowns, Jigs, & Hornpipes. Solos for the Banjo

I am always on the look out for good "light reading" for banjo.  We tend to focus on some very difficult music and I find it nice and refreshing to sit back and play some old fashioned jigs and reels.

This book fits that exactly-- and it is in C notation (this stuff is often only in A).

"Early banjo" enthusiasts will recognize many of these pieces (I was happy to find "Power of Music" which is one of my favorite stroke style pieces). And of course they are suitable for stroke style as well as fingerstyle, but you will need a thimble for that ;-).

This copy was vanishing to dust before my eyes.  In such poor condition, I am not sure how long this copy will continue to exist. 

Luckily I was able to scan it.  Now it will last in infinite copies available worldwide!

I read through all of these last night and I recommend this for people looking to practice their sight reading, or just looking for some relaxing fun.

Standard rates apply, feel free to do whatever you want with this, 100% public domain.

https://archive.org/details/turners101selectedbreakdownsjigshornpipesc

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Joel!

Ooh, very nice banjo-fied version of Harvest Home.  Thanks, Joel!

Clearly, someone loved this book! Some of the stuff I own features owner markings, stars, checks, x's, etc. but I don't think I've seen one done to this extent. I love all the chord markings too.

Thanks, Joel!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service