Thanks again to Ian for adding my latest offering. It's a great march and sounds very good on the banjo. I believe that a Tar-heeler is someone that hails from Carolina but I'm sure our american members will correct me if I'm mistaken. The trio in particular is very catchy but challenging to play and well worth a listen...all the best..Steve. 

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice! I agree, the march section with the bass melody is great. Also, unless I'm mistaken, a Tar-heeler is someone from North Carolina?

Thanks Mike....it's challenging to play but worth the effort. I' surprised someone hasn't come across the music in the past as it is one of those tunes that seems to be made for banjo. 

A native of North Carolina is a Tar Heel or Tarheel. I don't know what a tar heeler is. My spell checker just tried to change it to tar healer. I don't know what that is either.

Hi Jody..I've done a bit more digging on the web and apparently someone who attends the University of North Carolina is called a Tar heeler, however from the picture on the front page of the score I doubt if there is a connection. 

Jody Stecher said:

A native of North Carolina is a Tar Heel or Tarheel. I don't know what a tar heeler is. My spell checker just tried to change it to tar healer. I don't know what that is either.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service