The Return Of The Troops (1902)...Sadie Koninsky as Jerome Hartman

This is a barnstormer of a march with some great bass solos. I couldn't find the relevance of the Title but as it was published in 1902, maybe it could have something to do the end of the first Philippine War in 1902. The score and midi are in the library..Steve.

Views: 112

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done, again!

Of course, this was written before 1902, so I would expect it would represent troop arrival from a year or two earlier, perhaps the Spanish-American War (1898). That was a popular war, portrayed well in the press of the time (well, the press was instrumental in getting us into the Span-Am war, they ballyhooed everything about it).

The Philippine-American War was needless and rife with atrocity (both sides) and was properly vilified in the press.

Hi Marc, thanks for the info, I had a bit of a senior moment and got the date mixed up with Beneath The Starry Flag..Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

Well done, again!

Of course, this was written before 1902, so I would expect it would represent troop arrival from a year or two earlier, perhaps the Spanish-American War (1898). That was a popular war, portrayed well in the press of the time (well, the press was instrumental in getting us into the Span-Am war, they ballyhooed everything about it).

The Philippine-American War was needless and rife with atrocity (both sides) and was properly vilified in the press.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service