The Harmonious Blacksmith (1720) George Frideric Handel

I've had this music by Handel on my desktop for some time and have worked on it as and when I've had a few minutes to spare. It's part of a suite of music that GFH wrote for harpsichord and I've taken my arrangement from a set of variations written for guitar by the 17th century Italian guitarist Mauro Giuliani. Musically it's not too difficult, the main challenge is to get it up to speed which may take a bit of practice.I've experimented with the fingering and in parts 7 and 8 I've suggested a bit of 'double thumbing' by fretting the 5th string.
I was inspired to arrange this by the excellent videos posted by Dave Raphaelson of his arrangements of baroque music and this is my attempt in the same genre. It may not appeal to the banjo purists but as with many of my arrangements, I've tried to push the boundaries of what many would expect to be possible on banjo. 
The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 110

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oooooh. Nicely done, Steve! I think you have a good handel on arranging now!

I think this would be a good subject for a banjo trio too. Banjo, Banjeurine, Cello Banjo. Would be fun!

Thanks Marc, I never considered that but I think you're right, it would certainly show what is possible on banjo...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Oooooh. Nicely done, Steve! I think you have a good handel on arranging now!

I think this would be a good subject for a banjo trio too. Banjo, Banjeurine, Cello Banjo. Would be fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service