This is another excellent rag by Johnson (I'm gradually working through his list of compositions), I googled the title and discovered that a Kissing bug is a biting, blood sucking insect, an unusual name for a tune unless it has another meaning. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, over here we often use 'bug' as a diminutive. Most commonly found as "cute as a bug" and at least here in the South, "cute as a bug's ear". Typically used on very young children, puppies, etc. Also used to refer to one who is obsessed with a particular subject. "You are a banjo bug." (again, here in the South, that would be "You ain't nothin' but a banjo bug.")

So the title makes perfect sense to me. She's both cute and obsessed! Watch out for frogs though.

Cool tune, thanks again Steve!

Hi Marc, so now I know, I guessed there was some other meaning. I think the art work on the front cover is quite appealing as well...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Well, over here we often use 'bug' as a diminutive. Most commonly found as "cute as a bug" and at least here in the South, "cute as a bug's ear". Typically used on very young children, puppies, etc. Also used to refer to one who is obsessed with a particular subject. "You are a banjo bug." (again, here in the South, that would be "You ain't nothin' but a banjo bug.")

So the title makes perfect sense to me. She's both cute and obsessed! Watch out for frogs though.

Cool tune, thanks again Steve!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service