This is another early cake walk, it's a very pleasing tune with plenty of variety. I've never heard it before and I don't suppose it's ever been arranged for banjo either.

It's not too hard on the fingers, the score and midi are in the library.

I'm writing this from a holiday cottage in a very warm and sunny New Quay in Ceridigion, Wales where Gill and I are enjoying a well earned break from the grandkids and the rest of our family duties. Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade Gill to let me bring one of my banjos! I suppose her ears deserve a holiday too...Steve.

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always amazes me the detail they used to put in sheet music years ago. Trying to find the song to listen to.

Than you very much

Trapdoor2 said:

Hi Marc, what an amazing contraption, I suppose it just predates recorded discs and cylinders. It's nice to know that I wasn't too far off with my arrangement...Steve.
Trapdoor2 said:

I was amazed to find it. I've known about these big music boxes for years but never associated them with "popular music" like rags. Every one I've ever heard has been light opera, Christmas music, classical themes, etc. If anyone had said to look for this title in Regina music discs, I'd have laughed at them.

I think it is pretty cool...and it does correlate very well with your arrangement!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service