This is another good, early cakewalk from Berliner and like most of the early tunes, it makes a good banjo solo  Despite my best efforts on Google, I couldn't find any info on Berliner so if anyone can help maybe you could add to my post. I couldn't find a title page either. The score and midi are in the library...Steve.

Views: 59

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the 1900 US Census, he is listed as having been born in New York, New York, Dec. 1870...making him 29 yrs old. His occupation: publisher.

According to an article in the New York Times, he died in February 9, 1903 of a heart attack while travelling in a railroad Pullman car in New Jersey. 32 yrs old.

He had a lot of tunes to his name!

Thanks for that Marc, he wrote some good tunes in his relatively short life...Steve.

In the 1900 US Census, he is listed as having been born in New York, New York, Dec. 1870...making him 29 yrs old. His occupation: publisher.

According to an article in the New York Times, he died in February 9, 1903 of a heart attack while travelling in a railroad Pullman car in New Jersey. 32 yrs old.

He had a lot of tunes to his name!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service