Dear All,

Are are sad to announce that we are canceling the Fall 2020 rally that was scheduled for next month.  We will announce the spring rally as soon as we figure out the plan.

Thanks, Joel Hooks

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad it's being cancelled. Killing off the majority of American classic banjo players would be a tragedy. To stay safe we're just gonna have to stay apart to  for  longer than we would prefer. If the virus has no hosts it dies.  A spring rally is possible but not a sure thing. The second wave of Covid 19 is yet to come. 

Yep, there would not be much fun if we decided to have it.  First, I would not go.  Second, there would be rules about no sharing banjos (which is a big part of rallies-- showing and sharing banjos).  Outdoor dining only in NY would be cold.  

And, most of our members are in the high risk category.  I am not going to risk it as I love them too much.



Jody Stecher said:

I'm glad it's being cancelled. Killing off the majority of American classic banjo players would be a tragedy. To stay safe we're just gonna have to stay apart to  for  longer than we would prefer. If the virus has no hosts it dies.  A spring rally is possible but not a sure thing. The second wave of Covid 19 is yet to come. 

Yes to all of that. I'm glad my post was understood. 

Joel Hooks said:

Yep, there would not be much fun if we decided to have it.  First, I would not go.  Second, there would be rules about no sharing banjos (which is a big part of rallies-- showing and sharing banjos).  Outdoor dining only in NY would be cold.  

And, most of our members are in the high risk category.  I am not going to risk it as I love them too much.



Jody Stecher said:

I'm glad it's being cancelled. Killing off the majority of American classic banjo players would be a tragedy. To stay safe we're just gonna have to stay apart to  for  longer than we would prefer. If the virus has no hosts it dies.  A spring rally is possible but not a sure thing. The second wave of Covid 19 is yet to come. 

Yah, too bad about all that...although being incognito in a mask might let me blame my lousy playing on an imposter...

Should be interesting to see how the Banjo Gathering works out. All online, etc.

You could still wear a mask if you want to at the next rally.  We don't judge.

I'm planning on doing the Virtual Gathering. 

I misread that as "if you want to eat at the next rally".  I got a much needed laugh.

Joel Hooks said:

You could still wear a mask if you want to at the next rally.  We don't judge.

I'm planning on doing the Virtual Gathering. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service