I've just completed another James Scott rag, now in the library plus midi. It's a seldom heard tune in four parts. It has some really interesting syncopation, especially in the third section and is, I think, one of Scott's best compositions....Steve.

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jody, yes I'm familiar with working the octaves...but I just couldn't get it where I wanted it as a solo. It makes a fine duet though. My ability to arrange is pitiful. I'm limited to keying in the piano score and then hitting the "transpose" button until it fits the range of the banjo...or close. I modify/massage it from there. Often enough, I run into a brick wall somewhere and just drop the piece. I've picked RN back up a couple of times over the years because: #1 I love the music. and #2 I have a recording of it being played on the banjo (by Paul Smith from his 1980's LP "Mysterious Barricades").

Steve, I'll dig thru my files and see what I can find on RN. I believe I have it keyed into TablEdit, so I can make a pdf of what's there and send it to you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service