This one of three known compositions by this composer, it's a delightful composition and one of the many that incorporate a series of well known tunes of the day.  In  "Jailer bring me the keys" and "Great Big Sugar" I've written in some triplet grace notes to add a bit of extra interest but they can be omitted if you find them awkward to play. The score and midi are in the library....Steve.

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting! "Soap suds against the Fence" is sooooo close to the name of a common traditional fiddle-tune called "Soapsuds over the Fence" or "Throw the soap suds over the fence". Usually played in D maj...sounds nothing like this one!

I found a reference to a Brunswick recording called "Jailor Bring Back That Key"...but no recording of it or lyrics.

Shortnin' Bread is a common tune and pretty easy to recognize but "Great Big Sugar" and "Monin All My Sins Erway"...I couldn't find a reference for.

I like to see these medleys as often they upset the "Folk" process by notating what a given tune sounded like frozen in time. I don't think that happened here (except for Shortnin' Bread).

Hi Marc, good comments, I couldn't find any info about Lexhoizt, maybe some knowledge of his musical background may cast some light on this...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Interesting! "Soap suds against the Fence" is sooooo close to the name of a common traditional fiddle-tune called "Soapsuds over the Fence" or "Throw the soap suds over the fence". Usually played in D maj...sounds nothing like this one!

I found a reference to a Brunswick recording called "Jailor Bring Back That Key"...but no recording of it or lyrics.

Shortnin' Bread is a common tune and pretty easy to recognize but "Great Big Sugar" and "Monin All My Sins Erway"...I couldn't find a reference for.

I like to see these medleys as often they upset the "Folk" process by notating what a given tune sounded like frozen in time. I don't think that happened here (except for Shortnin' Bread).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service