This is very good early 'folk' rag/two-step. I think these early ones are the best suited for banjo and this is no exception.

It has four key changes from A min.C, D min.and F which add colour to the whole composition. I've played through this a lot and it does sound great on the banjo and is well worth a listen.

The first section is a good example of where alternate fingering comes into its own and once you have the fingering sorted, it flows along nicely. I've added my suggested fingering which works for me but others may want to try a different approach. The score and midi are in the library....Steve. 

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, that sounds like fun! I'm putting it in the "to mess about with" queue. Thanks Steve!

Hi Marc, it's another one of those 'only known composition' tunes. I couldn't find anything else by McGrath. It's well suited to banjo and worth learning I think. I've another early folk rag on the drawing board that's nearing completion which is another goody...Steve.

Trapdoor2 said:

Hey, that sounds like fun! I'm putting it in the "to mess about with" queue. Thanks Steve!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service