Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SERVER UPGRADE CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE

Over the course of the next week I will be changing our hosting service for the domain www.classic-banjo.com.  This server holds the files…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

Miss May Darrell,worlds greatisit lady banjoist(?!) and her riley baker.

I recently purchased an all metal Riley Baker zither banjo. Vic Godley,who i bought it from,aquired it in the 1970s from Tony,the grandson…

Started by skip sail

12 Nov 15, 2012
Reply by skip sail

Mechanical banjo mutes

So yesterday I was using a mute on my banjo (first time I used a mute in a long time) and I noticed that the tone I got was very effective…

Started by Mike Moss

24 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Jody Stecher

Were 24 fret necks common at one point?

I just realised I've been playing this wrong for a really long time... playing top C instead of a hypothetical 24th fret D! (I just dismiss…

Started by Mike Moss

2 Nov 11, 2012
Reply by Mike Moss

my new 1906 Whyte Ladye

Thought folks might like to see a couple of photos of my barn find 1906 WL. 10 and 3/4 pot,thin rim,26 scale ,Consalvi engraved. Not played…

Started by skip sail

3 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

More Banjo!

Hello Folks. I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hi. Yours in BHAM, Eddie [mrphysics55]

Started by Eddie Young

2 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Eddie Young

Some early high end Washburns,1892,1894,and 1896

Finally got my 3 Washburns up and running,two are 12" Presentation models(one a custom order with all the trimmings) and the smaller one is…

Started by skip sail

3 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by Jody Stecher

Queen Of Love by Charles Hunter.

This is a really catchy march and is my 50th arrangement to be added to the library (with midi). The original score was in 4/4 time and in…

Started by Steve Harrison

5 Oct 28, 2012
Reply by German David Patarroyo

Useful aural reference: Fred Bacon on wax

For anyone else struggling with Farland's variations on My Old Kentucky Home, I just noticed that Fred Bacon, in his Medley of Southern Air…

Started by Mike Moss

0 Oct 24, 2012

LIVE VIDEOS of our day at THE MIDLAND BANJO FEST

This weekend Lynn (thereallynicelady) and I went to the “Midland Banjo Fest” in Derbyshire here in the UK. The event is open to all styles…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by David Wade

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service