Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should this have a "Buyer Beware" warning?

This  UK Ebay banjo is described as a 1920's Clifford Essex XX Special.    Is this 100% Special XX? What do you think? CE XX SPECIAL ON UK…

Started by thereallyniceman

2 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Victory Rag (1921) James Scott

Here's another one that needs a touch of  'Van Eps fingers'. On the piano there's lots of quick alternating left and right hand phrasing an…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Aug 17, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

Well, here is a rare, rare recording by Mr. H. Clarke!

Only recently made available, this extremely rare Berliner Record (No 6324) of Mendelssohn’s Concerto on banjo, was recorded in London on 8…

7 Aug 16, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

String and head advice

Hello all, I'm writing for a bit of advice. I'm within a month of taking delivery of my Clifford Essex Weaver banjo, and I'd like a bit of…

Started by Michael Hughes

17 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by Mike Moss

A recording by Vess Ossman and Parke Hunter

Here is another, rarely heard, recording by the Masters of Classic Banjo, Vess Ossman and Parke Hunter. This is a 1904 recording entitled “…

3 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

Finger pics for clawhammer style

I am just starting down the road of e learning clawhammer style banjo having played guitar and ukulele for many years. I am interested in a…

Started by Andrew Sherry

8 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

Super "Efficiency" from Steve Harrison

James Scott's  1917 "Efficiency Rag"  as requested by Marc Smith :-) Steve's Classic Banjo arrangement of the score has now been added to t…

3 Aug 13, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

What about these folks?

I have had a lot of fun thanks to the banjo tutorials that I have been using all these months. However I wasn´t be able to find informatio…

Started by German David Patarroyo

0 Aug 13, 2013

YET MORE! "Evergreen" Ragtime from James Scott

It is good that at least Steve and I share the love of Ragtime banjo and it is difficult to beat the James Scott compositions. Not my fav…

3 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

"Frog Legs Rag" for Classic Banjo

Here is another superb ragtime piece composed by James Sylvester Scott (February 12, 1885 – August 30, 1938).  This was Scott’s first co…

3 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service