Crikey!!! an extremely beat up presentation model Washburn came up on USA ebay last week. Lots of missing hooks and nuts,some of the inlay destroyed,bit of a basket case.

I was going to bid on it,mainly for parts,as those imperial hooks and nuts are impossible to find,but dropped out at $600.

Final price : $4050 !!!!! 

goes to show how crazy ebay is,Gruhn had one of these sitting for a couple of years at $3500 in excellent condition. Mine is in great shape,and i paid less.

Auction fever strikes again- you can bet that if i put my EC Washburn presentation banjo on ebay with a $4000 start price,tons of info,good photos etc, it wouldnt get a bid.

Put a basket case with dodgy photos,low start price,and vague info and the sky is the limit.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took a look and I am sure that it was once a lovely banjo... but it has had a hard life.

There must be plenty of cash in the USA.. but times are hard in the UK, so I wouldn't pay $4000 for banjo in that condition!

LINK TO WASHBURN PRESENTATION ON US EBAY

You are right about there being plenty of cash in the USA but it's not as if it's spread around evenly. There's plenty of wealth in India too.  Until recently there was plenty of cash in the UK but it was spent on the Jubilee and Olympic preparations. What if  Her Majesty requires a better banjo? They didn't think of that when they emptied the coffers, did they?  Seriously though, the winning bid strains credulity even if had been for the same model in good condition.

There is a really nice one of these for sale in the UK for $4000

That's fifty less, innit?

cheap! nice maths Mr Stecher.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service