As suggested by Dave Houle, this is a real finger bender with lots of chromatic runs played out of first position. It's not too challenging musically but will probably need a bit of practice to get up to speed. The midi and score are in the library.

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve,

You are the ragtime banjo genie making wishes come true! After listening to the MIDI I've got serious doubts as to how I'm going to play this, but as always it'll be fun trying.

I wasn't expecting this at all, let alone so quickly and I have to ask, how do you do it? Do you use the treble part of the piano score and adjust accordingly, or do you do it by ear?

At any rate one of my favorite ragtime pieces has been fully brought to the banjo, amazing!

Hi Dave,I'm glad you like it, it's just a matter of practice and being familiar with the music software. I must have done over a hundred arrangements and have acquired a stock of regular ' pet techniques' that can be reused. I always work from a piano score and combine both bass and treble clefs into the arrangements. I've made a start on American Beauty but this one isn't quite so easy as the timing and syncopation  is quite challenging so watch this space! I'm also looking at Ching Chong for Ian......Steve.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service