This is an epic 6/8 march commemorating Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo. Each part has a short written narrative, taken from the piano score, describing the progress of the battle.

Napoleon's eventual defeat is illustrated in bars 121-140, if you listen carefully, you'll hear that Ellis has woven the opening bars of  Le Marseillaise within this section. This is a great piece of music and I'm pretty sure that this is the first time it's ever been arranged for banjo. There's lots of variety including two very melodic bass solos. If anyone wants to practice bass solos, then this is the tune for you.

It's the longest arrangement I've done so far running to four pages. It's not that much of a challenge to play, I would pitch it at the same level as Return of The Regiment.

It's definitely a marathon rather than a sprint but well worth a look and listen. The score and midi are in the library.......Steve.

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The man himself playing my arrangement. Maybe it was written earlier than first thought....Steve.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service