Classic Banjo (2,094)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grimshaw's Plectrum Playing for Modern Banjoists

Does anyone have a copy of this they'd be willing to share a scan of?  Or send it to me for scanning? I think the new CE has a tab version…

Started by Joel Hooks

6 Sep 5
Reply by Joel Hooks

5th string tuning friction tuner

My 5th string tuning peg on my CE Imperial is really losing it's grip. I'm very reluctant to replace it with a modern one. Does anyone have…

Started by Pär Engstrand

7 Sep 5
Reply by Pär Engstrand

Foolishness Rag (1911)..Mort. Weinstein

I could find no information about the composer which is a pity because this is a very well written composition. There are a number of popul…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Sep 4

Interesting Cammeyer on Ebay UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-CAMMEYER-MUSIC-MANUFACTURING-CO-5-String-Banjo-Case-SPARES-C55/373184830347 I'm not bidding but this may…

Started by carrie horgan

1 Sep 3
Reply by Jody Stecher

Calliope Rag on new banjeaurine

just added this little attempt  really to show off my newly acquired JB Schall banjeaurine, more practice needed but, hey ! I have plenty o…

Started by nick stephens

0 Sep 2

What strings?

Howdy. New member here..        I have been messing around with Clawhammer and some Irish tenor...   Now it is time to get serious... :)   …

Started by Eric Crum

13 Aug 30
Reply by Jan Fairey

Twinkles (1909)..Chas. A. Gish aka Charles Leslie Johnson.

I don't think CLJ ever wrote a bad tune and this no exception, it's one of his lesser known pieces published using one of his pseudonyms. I…

0 Aug 29

Bringing back an old Wards banjo..

I have had an old Montgomery Wards "Windsor" banjo that has been sitting because the dowel stick was broken off in the neck.. Finally decid…

Started by Eric Crum

1 Aug 29
Reply by Eric Crum

Cello banjo strings

Does anyone have recommendations for cello banjo strings?  The cello in need of strings has an 18'' rim and a 29'' scale, 14 fret fingerboa…

Started by John Cohen

19 Aug 26
Reply by Jody Stecher

Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue (1925) Ray Henderson

This is a jazzy arrangement of an old standard. I used a score that was written for jazz piano which I've trimmed down and simplified the c…

2 Aug 23
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service