Classic Banjo (2,694)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

David Miles 'A ragtime Century'

Some years ago I purchased the above from David Miles. Since his recent demise, does anyone know if his books are still available? I also h…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Oct 3, 2011
Reply by David Wade

St Louis Tickle

Whilst looking for another arrangement of St Louis Tickle, I contacted Paul Heilman of the ABF and he sent me a hand written manuscript by…

1 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by thereallyniceman

Bella Fleck concert

Hi all , just noticed this which may be of interest to some http://www.nashvillesymphony.org/main.taf?p=1,10,4   Bella Fleck is taking part…

Started by Dick Mundy

1 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Dick Mundy

Dots needed...

Hi gang,   Well, I've been informed that I shall be playing 2nds at the ABF Rally in October. The three tunes the orchestra will be playing…

Started by Trapdoor2

6 Sep 17, 2011
Reply by Hal Allert

Backwell Rally

Well done to Brian and his team for an excellent Backwell Rally - the 20th. Looking forward to seeing the photos. Great to see Alf Brimble…

Started by David Wade

0 Sep 12, 2011

A Technique very rarely described... or used!

When I was being taught I often saw Tarrant Bailey Jnr. playing and one technique he used, and I was taught by Chris was "The Flip". In qui…

Started by thereallyniceman

7 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by marc dalmasso

The battle hymn of the republic

Does anyone have a classic arrangement of this? We always seem to hear people playing 'Dixie' but never this one from the 'other side'..man…

0 Sep 7, 2011

Adieu, by Alfred Kirby

Hi all,   one of the solos I'm working on right now is "Adieu", by A. Kirby (h/t Ian) and it's definitely an interesting piece... it includ…

Started by Mike Moss

1 Sep 7, 2011
Reply by thereallyniceman

Rights to Converse's 'Analytical Banjo Method'

Forgive me if this has been adressed before but I was wondering if someone could tell me who owns the rights to Frank Converse's 'Analytica…

Started by Andrew 'blind boy' Butler

4 Sep 5, 2011
Reply by Trapdoor2

LESSONS WORKING AGAIN!

My Web developer sent me an email, but I don't read the language. Anyone got a clue what he is talking about?   I load a specific Javascrip…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Trevor Boyd

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service