Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Olly Oakley ON MOONLIGHT BAY

Here is a great old tune featuring Mr. L Curtis (who?) on vocals and Olly Oakley with an unusual but very good accompaniment on banjo. I ca…

Started by thereallyniceman

8 Oct 12, 2012
Reply by Alan Sims

Montreal teachers?

I received an email via Youtube for a lady who plays claw-hammer and wishes to learn more about, and to play Classic Banjo... sensible woma…

0 Oct 12, 2012

A discrepancy of dates re Ragtime Episode

According to all printed and internet resources I've seen the date given for Paul Eno's "A Ragtime Episode" is 1903. But Van Eps seems to h…

Started by Jody Stecher

6 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Jody Stecher

Back to Life by Charles Hunter.

This is a an interesting rag by Charles Hunter, it has an unusual key change which in theory shouldn't work but  sounds OK. The midi and sc…

Started by Steve Harrison

8 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

"I teach you the overbanjo. Banjo is something that shall be overcome."

Nietzschebanjo? 2001 a Banjo Odyssey? Anyhow, I remembered Joan Dickerson (a student of Bradbury's, I think) once mentionned she fell asle…

Started by Mike Moss

3 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

what would you like to do in a workshop ?

I'm holding a 5 string banjo workshop day (details all below) and am wondering if there's anything people would really like to have a go at…

Started by Danielle Saxon Reeves

0 Oct 8, 2012

Evolution Rag, Thos. S. Allen

Here's a great rag from the pen of Thos. S. Allen. I just got the TAB done and then found a mandolin orchestra playing it on youtube. Cool!…

Started by Trapdoor2

4 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

The SUNFLOWER DANCE available with Tablature

I just spotted sitting in my “To Do” box a Notation with Tablature version of the great beginners' solo “The Sunflower Dance”. David Wade s…

4 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by Trapdoor2

“Queen Raglin” arranged by Steve Harrison

Here is another rare rag from 1902 composed by A.E. Henrich and arranged for Classic Banjo by Steve.  I have added this to the MUSIC LIBRAR…

0 Oct 6, 2012

How did Alfred Farland tremolo?

So I've been struggling with Farland's variations on My Old Kentucky Home for the better part of  a year now, and I've reached the point wh…

Started by Mike Moss

2 Oct 2, 2012
Reply by Mike Moss

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service