Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CLASSIC BANJO EVENTS “WHAT’S ON IN 2013?”

Here is a list of Rallies and Schools and Meetings featuring Classic Style Banjo for the year ahead.  If you have other events that you wou…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Dec 13, 2012

Good beginner's book for reading music on a banjo?

I'be been playing by ear since 1956 (98% Bluegrass, 2% folk using "up-picking") and  learned how to use tab in the early 1970s as a way of…

Started by Paul Bock

8 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Paul Bock

Dallas Presentation ZB

Some photos of a recently aquired Presentation JE Dallas,serial number #6886. Jody Stecher has a very similar instrument. It plays and soun…

Started by skip sail

2 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by Dave Houle

More recordings of Brenda Auden from the 1950s

I have added a couple more BBC Children’s Hour recordings of Miss Brenda Auden made in the early 1950’s. Again the sound quality is poor, b…

1 Dec 4, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

MORE PHOTOGRAPHS ADDED TO THE "TIME MACHINE" PAGE

I have been sent another CD of early banjo related photographs, and have now uploaded nearly 70 new photographs to our TIME MACHINE.   Thes…

3 Nov 30, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

Welcome My New Baby!

I have just bought a Weaver Banjo and  WOW, what a banjo it is., so I thought that I would show off with a post about it  ;-) It has what…

12 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by Neil Angus Goodwin

Glen's British Banjo collection

I've just taken a punt on Ebay on a rare J.K.Simpson banjo as a restoration project. The above site was mentioned by the seller and it's an…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 28, 2012

Composer: William Hunter

Steve Harrison has been browsing the University Libraries around the world to find interesting tunes for, or suitable for, banjo and has fo…

13 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by marc dalmasso

Banjo sessions??

Hi all, I would like to share an idea (actually, a kind of dream) that I started to imagine some days ago. Definitely, classic-banjo.ning…

Started by German David Patarroyo

4 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Chris Sands banjo strings

I have seem these recommended several times but I'm not sure where to buy them.  Can anybody recommend a supplier and - ideally - post a li…

Started by Trevor Boyd

3 Nov 24, 2012
Reply by Trevor Boyd

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service