Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Imagine missing this....

....and I did! A Clifford Essex banjo in a local charity shop for £25!

Started by Andy Spencer

2 Nov 27, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Harlem Rag (1897)..Tom Turpin

This is my take on Harlem Rag and supplements the excellent tab arrangement previously posted by Shawn McSweeney. As with Shawn, I work…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 27, 2015

Gasoline Alley Comic Strip and John Hartford

Hello everyone. I found these newspaper clippings hidden away in some old music of mine. I must have clipped them when they first appeared.…

Started by Hal Allert

10 Nov 26, 2015
Reply by Chris Cioffi

For Shawn, the Restless Biologist, and Eric: The REAL Ultimate Classic Banjo...???

On this rainy Saturday, I've been mounting the neck back on a Gibson Bowtie after a lot of heel surgery while listening to Alex Magee's cut…

Started by Chris Cioffi

43 Nov 26, 2015
Reply by Chris Cioffi

CE XX Special Vancouver

Hello, I'm a new member, I'm from Victoria, BC but first learnt to play clawhammer banjo in Aberdeen, Scotland from Ray Stewart. After yea…

Started by Ruari McLennan

14 Nov 25, 2015
Reply by John Cohen

HOSTING SERVER PROBLEM.... NOW FIXED

Our hosting server was having a problem.  Some of the site's features had disappeared. During a server upgrade to PHP 5.5 a few software g…

Started by thereallyniceman

15 Nov 24, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Kansas jig banjo 2?

Hello everyone, I desperately looking banjo 2 "Kansas jig" Herbert Ellis j. thank you in advance.

Started by Anthony Derycke

4 Nov 23, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Who were the Bickfords?

In the previous post John Cohen asked about Cormac E McConnor. A Welsh banjoist who I have never heard of..sorry,  but he mentioned he beca…

10 Nov 19, 2015
Reply by Daniel Bradbury

Naked banjo player holds off cops for 2 hours with "music"

The following has banjo relevance. Like so many others I've been following the news of the long morning gun battle in St Denis. I was puzzl…

Started by Jody Stecher

3 Nov 19, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Our deepest sympathies to the people of France

... to all of those involved in this diabolical attack, and particularly our French site members, I cannot believe what has happened and am…

5 Nov 15, 2015
Reply by RitonMousquetaire

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service