Classic Banjo (2,670)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fred Turner, another superb Classic Banjo player I have never heard of!

I have recently come across this excellent recording made by a player called Fred Turner. I must admit that I do not know anything about hi…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Mar 19, 2017
Reply by David Wade

Classic Banjo Radio

Hello friends. I just wanted to let you know I have added almost 100 new songs to the Classic Banjo Radio station. The complete collection…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Mar 19, 2017

Bidding is already up to One Penny

This contraption, possibly a Farland banjo mute, just appeared on eBay. I can't tell how it works or IF it works but I'm calling attentio…

Started by Jody Stecher

11 Mar 19, 2017
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Favorite (1904)...Scott Joplin

I wasn't familiar with this one until I began the arrangement and I've grown to quite like it, I've rewritten some of the bars in the final…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Mar 19, 2017
Reply by Steve Harrison

Sunflower Slow Drag (1901)..Scott Joplin & Scott Hayden

This is another of Joplin's collaboration with Scott Hayden and one of his more popular tunes. I've lowered the final part by an octave to…

0 Mar 17, 2017

Removing nickel plating

Hi, I wonder if anyone has detailed  instructions for removing old nickel plating from brass banjo hardware and sanding/polishing in prepar…

Started by Ruari McLennan

5 Mar 16, 2017
Reply by thereallyniceman

Gondolier Two Step

Picked up some very early Olly Oakley 78's this week. Single sided discs from The Gramophone and Typewriter Company so dating to 1907 or ea…

Started by Russ Chandler

6 Mar 16, 2017
Reply by thereallyniceman

Engraving Pattern pics for CE XX Special?

Hi All, I have a few pics from kind parties already, but really need close-up pics of all the identical CE patterns as are indicated in th…

Started by Ruari McLennan

6 Mar 15, 2017
Reply by Ruari McLennan

Rose Leaf Rag (1907)...Scott Joplin

To make it more suitable for the banjo, I've transposed this from the original piano score key of C to G. It's a very tuneful medium paced…

0 Mar 15, 2017

The Nonpareil (1907)..Scott Joplin.

This another excellent rag from Joplin, to make it more suitable as a banjo solo, in some of the bars, I've combined the LH and RH piano pa…

0 Mar 13, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service