Classic Banjo (2,670)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Panama ( 1910)...William H. Tyers.

Following on from Jody's post, I thought I'd have a look at this and see what I could make of it. It's very similar in style to Porto Rico…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 3, 2017

The Cascades (1904)...Scott Joplin

This is a superb example of ragtime by the maestro. There were a couple of 4 octave arpeggios in bars 11 and 12 that wouldn't fit on the ba…

2 Mar 30, 2017
Reply by Steve Harrison

"Stoptime" (1910)...Scott Joplin

This is a novelty composition by Joplin with the instruction for the pianist to stamp the heel of one foot on the floor where indicated on…

1 Mar 30, 2017
Reply by Trapdoor2

"Panama"

Does anyone have the sheet music for "Panama" by William H Tyers?  I'd like to try making a banjo arrangement. I think it may sit well on t…

Started by Jody Stecher

12 Mar 27, 2017
Reply by Jody Stecher

New Stuff Added To The Internet Archive!

Two more folios added thanks to Marc Smith! For those who hate themselves there is "Tuition in Banjo Technic" by W. M. Rice.  The scan is o…

Started by Joel Hooks

1 Mar 27, 2017
Reply by Joel Hooks

Here We Come

I am happy to announce that today I received my visa from the Home Office and now my wife and I will be moving from the US to Norwich for r…

Started by Daniel Bradbury

4 Mar 26, 2017
Reply by Daniel Bradbury

A SERIOUS THANK YOU, and a bit of an explanation and a bit of self pity ;-)

Over the last 18 months my family has been dogged by bad health :-(( I spent the previous Christmas knocking on the "Pearly Gates" after su…

Started by thereallyniceman

25 Mar 24, 2017
Reply by Jody Stecher

Euphonic Sounds (1909)...Scott Joplin

This the least like anything else  that Joplin has written. There isn't a conventional LH bass line as is normally heard in his ragtime com…

0 Mar 23, 2017

Rosebud (1905)..Scott Joplin

Joplin named this tune as Rosebud and describes it as a two step. It is often called The Rosebud march as it is in typical 6/8 march time.…

0 Mar 23, 2017

Gypsy Love Remix

I have always loved Gypsy Love by Bernard Scheaff and had arranged it for 3 banjos some time ago. But after we recorded Dengoso by Nazareth…

Started by Hal Allert

2 Mar 20, 2017
Reply by marc dalmasso

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service