ALL ARE WELCOME!!

The venue will again be the:

Clowne Community Centre,

Clowne,

Near Chesterfield,

Derbyshire S43 4PL

There will be individual and group playing

and an informal concert… all great fun!

Trade stalls will also be in the hall offering music, accessories and instruments.

For more details contact David Wade

(The Zither Banjo player, above!) on:    07976 875 619

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dave,

Sorry I can't make this one. I am sure it will be a great success. Please give my best regards to all attending and thanks for helping to keep CLASSIC BANJO alive and well !

Ian

Thanks for the support Ian, lots of exciting things at the first Rally of the year. Tom has the list of community numbers - scores and simplified parts available to give everybody a chance at having the "real banjo orchestra" experience

It is a pleasure Dave

Two days to go to the UK CLASSIC BANJO RALLY

Thanks Ian, 7.30am and we're just loading up, the Road Crew will be here around 8.30 and then pedal to the metal down the M1. Tom's catering team have worked through the night roasting pork, baking bread rolls and icing the cakes. We will be on-site for briefing around 10 am and then we start to build the stall displays, arrange the auditorium and test the beer - all to be ready to open the doors to the world at Noon!

What a fantastic day!

Brilliant turn-out, although some faces missing - Bill Waistall from the NE, Peter Kennedy from Liverpool  and Ray Bernard (still recovering from various ops) to name but a few.

The Community Tunes went down well, nice to see newer palyers getting up and it gives me a chance play piccolo 'jo - Carolyn joined us later on double bass giving us an even fuller sound.

Thanks to Sue Spiers looking after the catering end to give Tom chance to play and to the bar staff - an excellent pint of "Short and Stout" !

Photos to follow....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service