BMG Rally 2010 : Friday Evening Concert with Gordon Giltrap and Malfunction

now on my web site :

www.ptgraphics.co.uk.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoy looking at your photographs, Paul. Next time I'm in England (the last was 1982) I want you to take me to that Ye Olde Trip restaurant.

At a typical English banjo rally, do participants in the classes sight read music cold, or is there some pre-preparation? I'm a fair sight-reader, but playing new music like that in an ensemble would likely be a hard slog...
Thank you Carl. Next time you are in Nottingham I will take you to the 'Trip'.

Usually you prepare your own music. In workshops, however there can be some simple melodies to site read.
These are usually pieces to demonstrate the purpose of the workshop. There can also be an element of ensemble playing within the workshops. The BMG Rally is a bi-annual event and was mainly a competition format. Nowadays tho it also includes workshops, mass orchestras, and concerts.
The general banjo rallies, if I may call them that, are a good excuse for banjoist to do what they like best.... drink... no just kidding. People that want to, get up and play, others sit and listen or play in small groups as an aside. A good time is had by all.

Carl Anderton said:
I enjoy looking at your photographs, Paul. Next time I'm in England (the last was 1982) I want you to take me to that Ye Olde Trip restaurant.

At a typical English banjo rally, do participants in the classes sight read music cold, or is there some pre-preparation? I'm a fair sight-reader, but playing new music like that in an ensemble would likely be a hard slog...
Same here...I've been enjoying the pix and want a pint in 'The Trip'. I surely would like to see some captions on some of the pictures though. I recognize our ZB guru and I think, our fair MBO banjotrix, Danielle...but I would like to know what's going on with some of these.

===Marc
Time to label would be a bonus at the moment, Marc.

Trapdoor2 said:
Same here...I've been enjoying the pix and want a pint in 'The Trip'. I surely would like to see some captions on some of the pictures though. I recognize our ZB guru and I think, our fair MBO banjotrix, Danielle...but I would like to know what's going on with some of these.

===Marc
Understood Paul. I'm in the same boat. Hard to find time to even practice these days.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service