Uncategorized (263)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

La Cucaracha

Do any of you fine folks have an arrangement of "La Cucaracha" for the banjo? Dots are fine. How about Jarabe Tapatío (the mexican hat danc…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Mar 10, 2009

Tied notes, or sustain.

It's fairly common to see "tied" notes in classic banjo pieces; often it is specifically stated to let notes ring out and sustain while you…

Started by Carl Anderton

1 Feb 28, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Anchoring.

So who anchors their little finger? I try to follow the techniques from SSS, and thats the way he taught in his Journal. Sometimes I floa…

Started by Joel Hooks

8 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Modern Terms or Period Terms?

When playing a piece do you think in period terms? Is it a... "Finger-pick" or "thimble?" "Pull-off" or "Snap?" "Hammer-on" or "hammer sl…

Started by Joel Hooks

3 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

The slows.

Well, I know it's slow here, but it's also slow on the Yahoo Classic Banjo board, so I guess that's just the way it is. I'm hunting around…

Started by Carl Anderton

0 Feb 8, 2009

SSS's Family.

So, he had sons. Did they have sons? Are any of them still alive? Do they know about there great (great?) grandfather? Do they have the mus…

Started by Joel Hooks

4 Jan 20, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Scott Joplin ragtime festival.

http://www.scottjoplin.org/festival.htm This takes place the first weekend in June in Sedalia, Mo. I just got off the phone with Clarke Bu…

Started by Carl Anderton

3 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Red White & Blue.

Do any of you fine Banjoists happen to have a decent solo arrangement for this? The closest I can find is from the LOC "Grand Presidential…

Started by Joel Hooks

3 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

Hooks, nuts and tailpieces.

2 of the hooks on my Elias Howe "Superbo" banjo have broken at the top. 1 hook on my banjeaurine has stripped out. I live near an excellen…

Started by Carl Anderton

4 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Banjo Popularity Conundrum.

Here is something that has me puzzled. It has not been more than a few years from the time when I began to look beyond the reenactors stand…

Started by Joel Hooks

5 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service