Classic Banjo (2,669)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

“Level of Incompetence” reached?

I was once told that in the business world people are promoted until they reach their level of incompetence. Judging by those at higher lev…

Started by thereallyniceman

18 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

A solo dedicated to Steve Harrison

Here is a piece that we already have in the JUKEBOX, but today I received the banjo and piano score for it that I have now added to the MUS…

3 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Tailpiece

Hi, I am in the process of converting my Deering Goodtime to play classic banjo. I have a new Remo head ,a Morley bridge but am unsure whic…

Started by Pam Tointon

8 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Sergio Leonardi

I'm Alabama Bound.

This is my latest offering now in the library. It's another of those tunes that has entered the public repertoire over the years with added…

Started by Steve Harrison

5 Jun 24, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

Banjo and Guitar?

Banjo and guitar are not usually seen played together in classic style, a second banjo usually playing the accompaniment.  I was reading a…

9 Jun 24, 2012
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Wouldn't you just hate it if this happened to you?

I'd really hate to get stuck in a lift with someone talking on their mobile!    ;-) With thanks to a friend on Facebook/ClassicBanjo for…

1 Jun 23, 2012
Reply by Jody Stecher

NEW Audio Tracks now in the JUKEBOX

Jody Stecher recently posted videos of the rehearsals for the recent Classic Banjo performance at the Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco…

0 Jun 23, 2012

Daly's Reel

If you listen to the Fred Van Eps version of Daly's reel in the JUKEBOX and look at Steve Harrison's arrangement you will wonder how Fred m…

1 Jun 23, 2012
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Chicken Reel for Classic Banjo

You can tell that Steve Harrison is at home recovering from his operation...with obviously too much time on his hands :-) He has arranged C…

6 Jun 20, 2012
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Darkies' Wedding by Clifford Chambers

Hi All, on one of my music searches I came across the above. It's quite a pleasant piece of music, does anyone know if it's ever been arran…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Jun 19, 2012
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service