Classic Banjo (2,665)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Bluegrass Queen (1901)...William B. Davies

Well, here it is with it's correct title. It's the only published work by the composer that is known which is a pity because it's a good tu…

Started by Steve Harrison

1 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Request for musical score

I'm currently working on a cakewalk called 'Queen of the Blue Grass', published in 1899 and written by Lee B. Grabbe and Warren Beebe. I've…

6 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

WAMU Banjo History Story

Dear Friends, For those interested in the deeper veins of banjo history, here's a story that was aired yesterday (June 27th) about our banj…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Jun 29, 2014

Olly Oakley stars again!

Here is Part 2 of the “Hiss Reduced, Pitch and Tempo Adjusted” tracks of Olly Oakley’s playing.   This time there are three tracks from the…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Jun 28, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

So you like Grimshaw compositions and would like to play like Olly Oakley?

Many site members do not read musical notation (sheet music), but are familiar, or prefer, TABlature. Especially for you here are a number…

0 Jun 28, 2014

The Red Devil (Le Diable Rouge) 1910...Lucien Denni

This is a real finger bender that may appeal to those who play bluegrass, it cracks along at a fair old pace. This is another ragtimey typ…

0 Jun 15, 2014

Classic Banjo.. the continuing story

Let's bring "What is Classic Banjo?" into a post of its own as it is a shame to lose discussion hidden inside a "Video Post". So far we can…

45 Jun 13, 2014
Reply by Dr H

Does Any Know If Eric Stefanelli Is Still In Business?

His website has been down for a month or so (I go there often to drool) and I've been saving up for the possibility of buying one of his ba…

Started by Dave Houle

2 Jun 11, 2014
Reply by Dave Houle

The Rag Pickers Band? ... Never heard of them!

I spotted this score as featured by "The Rag Pickers Band". I posted it as it does show a picture of one of our heroes, Emile Grimshaw.…

7 Jun 11, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Ginny's Cammeyer Banjo

Whoa Ho, Ginny! It's a Patent model in great condition. And bound in metal for the tropical colonies, like my JE Dallas. This is the first…

Started by Jody Stecher

11 Jun 11, 2014
Reply by Ginny Matheson

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service