Classic Banjo (1,747)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Abbots Bromley Horn Dance (for two banjos)

Happy Solstice/Light Festival! Every year since moving to New England (with one snowed in exception) my wife and I have gone to see the "Ch…

Started by Joel Hooks

13 Jan 1
Reply by Trapdoor2

Need a new banjo head!

This has only happened one other time in the 24+ years I've been playing banjo, but tonight I blew the head apart on my Whyte Laydie! Any r…

Started by Greg Adams

5 Jan 1
Reply by Trapdoor2

Rare book at an optimistic price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332981524804?ul_noapp=true "LEONARDI Salvator Method Banjo or Zither-Banjo 1913 partition sheet music score"

Started by Jody Stecher

5 Dec 30, 2018
Reply by Jody Stecher

Bill Ball's Strings

Anybody know what gauges Bill Ball played? They sound not top light but not that heavy either.

Started by John Cohen

4 Dec 30, 2018
Reply by Jody Stecher

The Missouri Waltz (1914)..Lee Edgar Settle. aka "Hush-a-bye, Ma baby"

This is one of the nicest waltz's I've heard in a long time. The original melody was composed by L.E.Settle, the composer of the soon to be…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 Dec 28, 2018
Reply by Steve Harrison

What The Heck Are Tropical Strings?

I've been reading the BMGs (thanks again!).  In the past when I have read "Tropical Strings" I figured they were silk.  After diving in I h…

Started by Joel Hooks

3 Dec 28, 2018
Reply by Joel Hooks

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD. LET'S MAKE NEXT YEAR AND EVEN BETTER YEAR FOR CLASSIC BANJO…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Dec 26, 2018
Reply by Jackie Cook

Georgia Jingles (1907)...Percy Wenrich.

This is described by PW as a 'jingley two-step' and is a catchy and well written early 2 step which is not too challenging on the fingers.…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Dec 22, 2018

A New arrangement for Christmas

Randy Dary sent his Classic Banjo arrangement of "O Come lIttle Children" by Johann Schulz. I have always liked this tune and it was one…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Dec 20, 2018
Reply by Randy Dary

CE "Havana" Banjo Mute?

Never mind!  I have one one the way. I am still looking for a C. Skinner knock off of the D. E. Hartnett tone bar, so if someone has one cl…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Dec 19, 2018

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service