Classic Banjo (1,975)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Policy King (1905)..Charles .B. brown.

This is my take on a tune that was recorded by Fred Van Eps and Vess Ossman, both of which can be found in 'original recordings'. This is …

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 11

Old Crow Rag (1909)...George Botsford.

Continuing my exploration of the works of GB, this is, in my opinion, one of his best. It works well on banjo and is well worth a look and…

2 Jan 11
Reply by Steve Harrison

mel bays banjo method Frank Bradbury

well it arrived today and, I am going to start in on it very soon, for a total novice it does look a little daunting however, nothing ventu…

Started by nick stephens

4 Jan 10
Reply by nick stephens

Clifford Essex Imperial on eBay

Hi Folks, there's an Clifford Essex Imperial for sale on eBay now. A bit pricy I find, for the shape it's in. Or maybe I just got lucky wit…

Started by Pär Engstrand

0 Jan 8

BMG library

it has been fairly quiet around here of late, holiday season I guess ! To amuse my self these long evenings I have been reading the above h…

Started by nick stephens

10 Jan 8
Reply by nick stephens

Does anyone know about the Austrian banjo player John Gorman who was in Japan around 1910?

Hello everyone Does anyone know about the Austrian banjo player Mr.John Gorman who was in Japan around 1910? This is a concert program pla…

Started by Samurai Banjo

2 Jan 5
Reply by Samurai Banjo

the trio

ok, I have seen in print here particularly folks mentioning the trio when talking tunes, what does this mean ? what is the trio in this con…

Started by nick stephens

6 Jan 4
Reply by nick stephens

I am back !!! Whistling Rufus

I lived to try another day ! far from perfect but, one must try you know ! I have already identified a few areas for improvement simply by…

Started by nick stephens

0 Jan 3

The Pianofiends Rag (1909)..George Botsford..As played and featured by Jesse Laskey's Pianofiends.

This is one GB's lesser known tunes and from the front cover of the score, it was obviously composed for Jesse Laskey about whom I could fi…

0 Jan 1

Fascination Waltz (1904)

Hello all, I like this tune and want to play it but I can only read TABS.  I've looked just about everywhere but can only find the notation…

Started by John Green

16 Jan 1
Reply by steve leuschner

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service