Classic Banjo (2,357)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Zulu Wedding Dance...1899..D. A. Epler

This is a good early cakewalk, it's another 'could have been written for banjo' tunes and suits the banjo very well. According to the title…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 May 12

The hunt for BMG Magazines goes on!

Today I received from a friend a copy of the January 1922 BMG magazine. (Yep, over 100 years old!) These old magazines are getting harder…

Started by thereallyniceman

12 May 12
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Preacher And The Bear..1903..Arthur Longbrake aka Joe Arizona

This is an instrumental arrangement of this popular song which has been recorded by numerous singers over the years. My favourite recording…

0 May 8

Backwell

Is there a meeting at Backwell this year September 2022 ?

Started by Geoffrey Chidley

1 May 8
Reply by Keith Wilson

John Field Memorial BMG LIBRARY- UPDATED

Recently a banjo friend offered a very large number of BMG magazines to help fill the gaps in the John Field LIBRARY.  After a LOT of work…

Started by thereallyniceman

21 May 5
Reply by Paul Magnussen

Tattered melody Rag (1910)...Hilda Ossusky

This is a cleverly written composition by a composer of whom little is known. It was a challenge to work out an arrangement suitable for th…

2 May 5
Reply by Steve Harrison

Laughing Water..1903..Ida Bierman

Despite its title, this is not an Indian intermezzo, popular at the time, but  a very tuneful rag. I've simplified it by stripping out most…

3 Apr 12
Reply by Trapdoor2

Announcing: Aaron Jonah Lewis "Americana Come Over?" US/UK Concert Tour April-June 2022

I am looking forward to meeting as many classic banjo players and aficionados as I can while I am on this tour. Please feel free to contact…

Started by Aaron Jonah Lewis

1 Apr 8
Reply by John Deller

Clifford Essex Music Company

Does anybody know if Clifford Essex Music Co Ltd is still in business?  I have been trying to get in touch with them all week and can not g…

Started by bud bennett

13 Apr 5
Reply by Trevor Boyd

Query re The Royal Bogie Banjo march by W. Nice.

I came across the front cover of this tune whilst browsing Pinterest, it was published in London so I guess the composer may be British. So…

9 Apr 2
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2022   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service