Classic Banjo (1,888)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Land O' Cotton (1902)...L.W.Lewis

This is a grand march and well suited to banjo. I was unable to locate a score and had to work from a midi. The midi was in Eb which I tran…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Aug 1

Ragged William (1899)...Frank F. banta

This is an early novelty cakewalk best described as Rossini meets ragtime for reasons that will become apparent when you hear it. The first…

2 Jul 30
Reply by Trapdoor2

Toad Stool Rag.....Joseph Francis Lamb

The date when this was written is unknown as it was one of a portfolio of music that was first published after Lamb's death. It was suggest…

1 Jul 28
Reply by Trapdoor2

I Don't Understand Ragtime (1899)...Irving Jones.

This is another of my ragtime era song arrangements. If you can forgive the rather non PC lyrics, it's quite a witty and cleverly written s…

0 Jul 24

Back due to overwhelming response here is the last Fred Van Eps recording.

Well, I can see by the overwhelming response to the last FVE tracks I posted that I am not the only one who like Fred Van Eps’ playing so h…

Started by thereallyniceman

4 Jul 20
Reply by thereallyniceman

Darktown Coon (1904)...Benoîr Poiriet

Poirier was a French Canadian composer and this is the only composition that he wrote that exploits the ragtime craze of the time, hence th…

1 Jul 19
Reply by Trapdoor2

Performer(s) Required Edinburgh March 27th

Can anyone recommend any performers local to Edinburgh? It turns out Rob MacKillop doesn't play banjo these days.

Started by Sandra Woodruff

2 Jul 15
Reply by Sandra Woodruff

The 'Possum's Picnic...

Here's one I discovered whilst wandering about in my files. This one is currently available in the Music Library here...but the 1st page of…

Started by Trapdoor2

0 Jul 13

Zither banjo right hand position

Hi all, Being self taught I have relied upon the tutor books of the past when it comes to the hand positions and there seem to be a lot of…

Started by Pip

7 Jul 13
Reply by Jody Stecher

Kalamity Kid (1909)..Ferdinand Alexander Guttenberg

The only information I could find about FAG was that he was from Macon in Georgia and an associate of J. Russell-Robinson, a composer and p…

0 Jul 12

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service