Classic Banjo (2,222)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ragtime Chimes..1910..Percy Wenrich

Despite the name this isn't a rag but never the less it's very good 'novelty' composition by PW.The chimes referred to in the title can be…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 1

The White Wash Man..(1908)...Jean Schwartz

This is one of the classic ragtime tunes of which there are two recordings by Fred Van Eps in the original recordings archive. As is my usu…

4 Mar 27
Reply by Steve Harrison

Lumb'rin' Luke..1901..J. A. Silberberg.

Silberberg was an accompanist with the Victor Talking Machine studios and also accompanied the likes of Vess Osman and Brooks and Denton. I…

2 Mar 24
Reply by Steve Harrison

Fiddling Silas.(1899)..Theo A. Metz.

This is real foot tapper and well worth a listen. It's based on the popular fiddle tune Turkey in The Straw with a hint of Old Black Joe in…

0 Mar 22

BMG Federation On-Line Festival Day 27th March

You are banjovially invited to join us at our Online BMG Festival for concerts and workshops I've had a sneaky preview of Aaron Jonah-Lewi…

Started by Sandra Woodruff

1 Mar 20
Reply by Sandra Woodruff

BMG Magazines added to John Field Library

I would like to thank a guitar friend for kindly sending me a copy of August 1919 BMG magazine. He described it as "fragile", but I have se…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Mar 20

Kerry Mill's New Barn Dance (1909)..K.Mills

This is another of KM's barn dances and it follows on nicely from the one I previously posted. Both are very well written compositions and…

0 Mar 19

Kerry Mill's barn Dance (1909)..Kerry Mills.

This is not to be confused with the traditional tune of the same name that is popular with folk musicians (also called Henley's delight or…

0 Mar 17

Chicken Reel.1910..Jos. M. Daly...New arrangement.

I've just added a new arrangement of this tune which I first did about 6 years ago. There is a new PDF and midi in the library. I've set it…

0 Mar 13

SPAMMER ACCOUNT DELETED

Spammers are getting more sophisticated and are now entering valid answers to our banjo related log in security questions. PLEASE delete an…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Mar 12
Reply by thereallyniceman

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service