Classic Banjo (2,040)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Clifford Essex Strings

thanks for all your string suggestions. looks like the CE's are the ones for me to try.

Started by rick ceballos

1 May 13
Reply by Pär Engstrand

Essex and Cammeyer Weaver

approx 8 months into playing (or trying to play !) classic style I have come to the conclusion that my personal favourite jo is my mid 30s…

Started by nick stephens

2 May 13
Reply by Pär Engstrand

Clifford Essex Strings

I have been using Chris Sands medium gauge strings on my Tubaphone for about 12 YEARS. Since they are no longer available, I was wondering…

Started by rick ceballos

6 May 13
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Brewster Banjoist?

Does anyone have a cleanish copy of the Brewster Banjoist? The copy I have is the same one on this website and is pretty lousy. If you do,…

Started by Joel Hooks

5 May 11
Reply by Joel Hooks

Clifford Essex Price List from 1949

Enjoy... Clifford%20Essex%20Solos%20for%20the%20Banjo%20Price%20List%201949.pdf

Started by Joel Hooks

0 May 10

Blue Grass Rag (1909)..Ernest Samuel Williams.

This is described as a Kentucky two step and is another tune ideally suited to the banjo. Bars 37-53 are pretty close to what some would ca…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 May 10
Reply by Joel Hooks

Elephant Rag (1908)...Melvin Maurice Franklin.

This a very entertaining early cakewalk and listening to the opening bars gives a clue to the title. Franklin has created a musical picture…

Started by Steve Harrison

4 May 8
Reply by Steve Harrison

Turner's Banjo Monthly No. 153

Here you go... https://archive.org/details/turners-banjo-monthly-no.-153/mode/2up Do with it as you like.

Started by Joel Hooks

13 May 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

How do I find a decent zither banjo?

Hi, there are plenty of these on ebay, but given the age of them I would rather get one that has been properly restored by a luthier who kn…

Started by ritchie thomson

15 Apr 30
Reply by Jody Stecher

Stephen B. Clements

Just finished another research project that made the last week or so of lock-down go by faster. Thought I'd share with my fellow CB enthus…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

25 Apr 30
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service