Classic Banjo (1,784)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What on Earth are these?????

Available in 1911 and a snip at  5 shillings. If I had a Zither banjo I would buy a set :-) Any ideas on these as I have never heard of…

Started by thereallyniceman

17 Mar 8
Reply by Chris Cioffi

WEBSITE MAINTENANCE 4.00PM PST 12.00PM UK TIME

THE WEBSITE MAY BE OFF-LINE FOR A SHORT WHILE LATER TODAY.  THIS IS AN UPGRADE OF OUR DATABASE SERVERS AND SHOULD ONLY TAKE APPROXIMATELY H…

0 Mar 6

4-String Classic Banjo

Hi, new member here! Thank you for letting me join! I am trying to figure out how to classify myself as a banjoist. I play the 4-string ten…

Started by Ron Hinkle

14 Mar 5
Reply by Trapdoor2

Three more compositions from John Willis

Site member John Willis has kindly sent through three more of his own compositions and I have added the scores, with second banjo, for thes…

0 Mar 4

Dixie Jingles (1909)..George Adam Reeg.

This is the second tune with this name currently in the library. The first one, written by Monroe Rosenfeld, was posted by me some years ba…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Mar 4

The Tuneful Yankee (Magazine)

I came across this whilst researching for more music to arrange and although it's not specifically for banjo, there were scores published t…

0 Mar 4

More Books Scanned! Oh Boy!!

Marc Smith recently "won" two books on ebay that I went and picked up. For better or worse, they are scanned and available to all. First up…

Started by Joel Hooks

1 Mar 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

Another useful gadget from the past

Apparently in 1915 these were all the rage! I bet they stopped that annoying habit of tapping your foot when you were playing :-) Anoth…

2 Mar 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

Down In Darktown (1902)...Frank Hills.

This is the only tune I could find published under the name of Frank Hills and I could find no information about him. It is actually a very…

0 Mar 1

Uncle Silas (1917)....Don Richardson.

This is a very good one step written towards  the end of the ragtime era. It has a very old time sound to it. The only Don Richardson of wh…

0 Feb 24

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service