Classic Banjo (2,179)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sleepy Sidney (1908).... Archie Ward Scheu.

This tune was recorded by the Sousa Orchestra as a quick march (MP3 attached). I think it suits the banjo better played as a slow drag, I'v…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 15

The Georgia Rag (1908)....Albert Gumble

This is the second Gumble tune that I've arranged and it compares well with the previously posted Bolo Rag. This one I particularly enjoy p…

0 Jan 13

The Bolo Rag (1908)..Albert Gumble

Albert Gumble was prolific composer of popular music from the beginning of the 20th century until the 1940s. This in my opinion is one of h…

0 Jan 10

Banjo in New Zealand 1860 - 1940

Hello and Happy New Year, I am hoping some of you may be able help me with several queries. I am based in New Zealand (Wellington at prese…

Started by Brett Lowe

25 Jan 10
Reply by Brett Lowe

Turner's Banjo Monthly No. 153

Here you go... https://archive.org/details/turners-banjo-monthly-no.-153/mode/2up Do with it as you like.

Started by Joel Hooks

39 Jan 9
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Bugs Rag (1913)..Nina B. Kohler

This is the only published music that I could find from the composer, I could find no other information, I presume from the name that the c…

0 Jan 8

Invercargill March

All this talk of New Zealand banjos and I thought I'd better finish off an arrangement I had started a few months back made of one of our m…

Started by Brett Lowe

0 Jan 8

Lawrence Wright 1st Banjo Album

I was lucky enough to come across this album on eBay last year.  I've scanned it and a copy is ready for downloading in the Journals and So…

Started by Brett Lowe

1 Jan 7
Reply by Joel Hooks

Turner's Banjo Budget Timeline.

Some time ago I started a spreadsheet for Stewart's banjo music for my own reference.  The reason was to keep track of what music I had (mo…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Jan 7

123rd anniversary of Parke Hunter's visit to Brighton

Started by Richard William Ineson

2 Jan 7
Reply by Richard William Ineson

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service