Classic Banjo (2,009)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Yankee Doodle Rag (1911)...Garfield Wilson

This is an entertaining novelty rag, the original score was in Eb but my prefered key of G works better for the banjo. The meaning of the t…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Mar 19

The Black Cat Rag (1905)...Frank Wooster & Ethyl B. Smith.

This the best of a handful of tunes written and published by Wooster. The rhythm sounds very latin influenced in parts and the whole compos…

0 Mar 17

Clown Banjo Rally

Keith and I have been in contact today with the management of the Clowne Recreational Centre - regretfully we have had to cancel this years…

Started by David Wade

0 Mar 17

Here is new one on me: What a handsome young chap!

Olly Oakley

Started by thereallyniceman

8 Mar 17
Reply by nick stephens

Cullen and Collins

In a Discussion posted a few years ago, it was apparent very little was known about Cullen and Collins. After some investigation, here is t…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

11 Mar 16
Reply by Trapdoor2

Canned Corn (1910)..George Linus Cobb.

In my opinion, this is one of Cobb's best rags. I play this with a mixture of melodic style and classic fingering, in particular the openin…

2 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Harrison

WEAVER/CLIFFORD ESSEX FOR SALE.

If anyone is interested, there is currently an A. Weaver built Clifford Essex, 15a Grafton St. W. for sale on Gumtree.com. It is in Shrews…

Started by IAN SALTER

2 Mar 11
Reply by marc dalmasso

Bridges

Hi all, it's been a weekend of trying out different bridges. Here's some pictures: There are a few different materials involved: maple, e…

Started by Pär Engstrand

9 Mar 9
Reply by Jody Stecher

Do you know anyone about Salvatore Di Grazia of Brooklyn?

Started by Samurai Banjo

3 Mar 7
Reply by Samurai Banjo

come on Y'all, lets talk !

not enough chatter here for me so, I am going to talk aimlessly as I am wont to do sometimes (often) have lately been pondering the questio…

Started by nick stephens

4 Mar 3
Reply by carrie horgan

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service