Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Key change

A year or so ago someone explained how to change from the old arrangements with 4 or 5 sharps. Rob McKillop played the Dell Schottisch and…

Started by Robert Dooley

2 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by Robert Dooley

Weaver collectors- heres one for you...

Recently picked up a Stewart princess that came in this (non original to the Stewart)leather Weaver banjo case. Never seen one like this be…

Started by skip sail

1 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

Essex-Cammeyer Zither Banjo Tutor on UK Ebay

Not only would you get this rare tutor, you would also get two photographs of Clifford Essex and Alfred Cammeyer that I have never seen bef…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Oct 15, 2014

The Joplin Kid? FLOWER GIRL for Classic Banjo

Steve Harrison has worked his wonders again in producing this excellent banjo arrangement.     FLOWER GIRL is an absolutely superb piece of…

1 Oct 12, 2014
Reply by Steve Harrison

This just in.

My sister-in-law sent me this today. Maybe it's made the rounds already but it's the first time I've seen it. I think it's funny.

Started by Jody Stecher

1 Oct 12, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

Musical Sam from Alabam (No, not Musical Marc from Alabam)

I never cease to be amazed at the records that turn up featuring the playing of Fred Van Eps.  He and the banjo certainly were a phenomeno…

0 Oct 11, 2014

LAST MINUTE REMINDER: UK MIDLANDS BANJO FEST 2014

For those who may not be aware the annual MIDLANDS BANJO FESTIVAL is to be held this Saturday 11th October 2014.   The venue is the Hilton…

1 Oct 10, 2014
Reply by David Wade

Fairy Queen (1907)..Percy Wenrich

This is another pleasant tune from the pen of Percy Wenrich. He classifies it as a two step but it is more of a Polka. It's a bit diffe…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Oct 9, 2014

Kipper the Cat Radio Wireless Programme Banjo Special!

Hi all Just to give you a heads up I'm doing a banjo special on radio Cambridge 105 tomorrow evening (the 7th October) and it will be avai…

Started by Russ Chandler

2 Oct 8, 2014
Reply by Russ Chandler

Downloading songs

Is it possible to download songs from Classic_Banjo.ning?I could not find an answer by searching the site. BanjoHangout allows downloads an…

Started by Richard Bugdal

11 Oct 7, 2014
Reply by Richard Bugdal

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service