Classic Banjo (2,654)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

This just in.

My sister-in-law sent me this today. Maybe it's made the rounds already but it's the first time I've seen it. I think it's funny.

Started by Jody Stecher

1 Oct 12, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

Musical Sam from Alabam (No, not Musical Marc from Alabam)

I never cease to be amazed at the records that turn up featuring the playing of Fred Van Eps.  He and the banjo certainly were a phenomeno…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Oct 11, 2014

LAST MINUTE REMINDER: UK MIDLANDS BANJO FEST 2014

For those who may not be aware the annual MIDLANDS BANJO FESTIVAL is to be held this Saturday 11th October 2014.   The venue is the Hilton…

1 Oct 10, 2014
Reply by David Wade

Fairy Queen (1907)..Percy Wenrich

This is another pleasant tune from the pen of Percy Wenrich. He classifies it as a two step but it is more of a Polka. It's a bit diffe…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Oct 9, 2014

Kipper the Cat Radio Wireless Programme Banjo Special!

Hi all Just to give you a heads up I'm doing a banjo special on radio Cambridge 105 tomorrow evening (the 7th October) and it will be avai…

Started by Russ Chandler

2 Oct 8, 2014
Reply by Russ Chandler

Downloading songs

Is it possible to download songs from Classic_Banjo.ning?I could not find an answer by searching the site. BanjoHangout allows downloads an…

Started by Richard Bugdal

11 Oct 7, 2014
Reply by Richard Bugdal

What's that effect

What exactly does Derek Lillywhite do at the end of his "Cornish Dance" recording to pull off that neat effect? I've slowed it down and lis…

Started by Mike Moss

9 Oct 7, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

The little old log cabin in the lane

Here is an unusual little tune that I have found featuring Bob Roberts on vocals and Vess Ossman on banjo.   I have no idea of the date of…

10 Oct 6, 2014
Reply by Hal Allert

Music Recommendations

I've been playing classic banjo for a couple of weeks now and I'm happy to report that I'm making progress.  I've found a setup and sound t…

Started by John Cohen

4 Oct 4, 2014
Reply by carrie horgan

Fred Van Eps Solos now in TUTOR BOOK downloads

Joel has kindly sent me a PDF scan of his recent purchase, a nice copy of the 1923 "Van Eps Banjo Solos in C Notation" You will notice tha…

23 Oct 3, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service