Classic Banjo (2,667)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Yankee Bird (1910)...Charles L. Johnson

This is the second tune written by Johnson celebrating the early days of aviation, Cloud Kisser Rag being the other which I arranged some t…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 15, 2016

Joe Morley & Clifford Essex

Which tracks on the website were played by Joe Morley when he was with Clifford Essex's Pierrots and when did he leave the troupe? Also, do…

Started by Uncle Tacko!

0 Apr 14, 2016

THIS is how to hold a banjo!

It appears that I have been doing it incorrectly! ... as I do not wear a winged collar with my bow-tie and tuxedo.

Started by thereallyniceman

13 Apr 14, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Advice on tuning pegs

My old Washburn banjo was converted to planetary tuners in the 1970's as I was playing with steel strings.  I have a recurring problem with…

Started by Daniel Bradbury

0 Apr 13, 2016

2016-2017 UK Banjo Rallies and Summer School dates announced

You may be aware that the first Banjo Rally of 2016 takes place in  just over a week: Midlands & North Regional Banjo Rally Will take…

0 Apr 13, 2016

WANTED: Piano Part for "Chop Suey" by Emile Grimshaw

Joel recently mentioned that he was learning Grimshaw's "Chop Suey". I have over-looked this piece but I think that it is a superb, if de…

5 Apr 13, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

UK Classic Banjo Rally on Saturday April 23rd.

The first banjo rally of the year, the Midlands & North Regional Banjo Rally will take place on Saturday April 23rd at Clowne Community…

1 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by thereallyniceman

CLASSIC BANJO RESOURCE UP AND RUNNING

Hello again. You are probably tired of hearing this but my Classic Banjo Resource site is up and running again. The radio station is blarin…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Apr 12, 2016

Tapis says hello from his "Farewell World Tour"

I had an email from Tony Bryan, banjoist extraordinaire and friend of the famous, to let me know that Tapis d'Orient (and you don't get mor…

0 Apr 10, 2016

Hal Allert has donated his banjo orchestra arrangements!

Over the last few months Hal Allert has been sending me arrangements that he has done for 1, 2, 3, 4 and even 5 banjos ! He also has suppli…

1 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service