Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Black Bawl (1905)....Harry. C. Thompson.

This is described by the composer as a slow drag and to my ears, it's very Joplinesque in style. I've set the speed at what I think is abou…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 5, 2016

The Easy Winners (1901)....Scott Joplin

This Joplin tune was suggested by Ian. I wasn't convinced that it would stand alone as a solo so I've written a banjo second. The midi incl…

0 Nov 3, 2016

CLIFFORD ESSEX ROMAN / FACTORY NUMBERS

By my experience  & except my mistakes , all the models of the Clifford Essex brand have a Roman / factory numbers  ( with the exceptio…

Started by marc dalmasso

0 Nov 3, 2016

My New (Big) Baby

Shortly I'll be taking delivery of this beautiful Clifford Essex Professional, courtesy of Tom Ryan.   This one is a bit different than…

Started by John Cohen

14 Nov 3, 2016
Reply by marc dalmasso

A New Appreciation For That Dusty Old Paper!

My wife and I spent the day at the Canterbury Shaker Village taking a class on letter press publishing. We went through the entire process.…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Oct 31, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Banjeaurine Heads-Where Are They?

Hello all. I am playing my banjeaurine again and want to experiment with a different head. Mine has a 13" skin head and sounds rather 'thum…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Oct 30, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

Banjeaurine heads-where are they?

Hello all. I am playing my banjeaurine again and want to experiment with a different head. Mine has a 13" skin head and sounds rather 'thum…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Oct 30, 2016

Banjeaurine heads-where are they?

Started by Hal Allert

0 Oct 30, 2016

Legit or Hybrid?

What do the experts think? Is this a real CE banjo or a "Franken-banjo"? http://www.ebay.com/itm/112184101179?ul_noapp=true

Started by Jody Stecher

2 Oct 29, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Weeping Willow Rag (1911)..Harry Augustus Fischler

This is quite different from the Joplin tune of the same name, it's a melodic rag in C minor/E flat, A flat. Most of it is in single notes,…

3 Oct 28, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service