Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spotted in todays evening newspaper!

In my collection of scores I came across a 2nd Banjo part by a composer called Eugene Earle along with a publicity photograph of him.  …

Started by thereallyniceman

19 Dec 23, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Christmas Arrangements by Bernard Sheaff

In going through some old music I have, I came across 3 pieces of Christmas music that were arranged for two banjos by Bernard Sheaff. I di…

Started by Hal Allert

7 Dec 23, 2016
Reply by Trapdoor2

Grimshaw's Tenor Banjo Tutor

At the risk of appearing be turning to the Dark Side....does anyone have copy of the above tutor that they would like to part with for cash…

Started by David Wade

2 Dec 18, 2016
Reply by David Wade

A Child's Christmas in Wales

At the sake of appearing to have Alzheimer's, here is the link to the poem and banjo images that I posted last year. The images are all…

Started by Hal Allert

3 Dec 18, 2016
Reply by Daniel Bradbury

Holiday Wishes to You All

In the spirit of politically correct holiday wishes I would like to offer this: Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our…

Started by Hal Allert

0 Dec 15, 2016

Pineapple Rag (1909)..Scott Joplin

Yet another goody from Joplin. I've arranged it in the original keys of Bb/Eb which fits the banjo just fine. Some may find the second part…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Dec 8, 2016
Reply by Steve Harrison

LOL

http://www.ebay.de/itm/262744786670?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Started by marc dalmasso

3 Dec 8, 2016
Reply by Hal Allert

A NEW PAGE ON THE CLASSIC-BANJO.NING WEBSITE PUBLISHED TODAY!

Joe Morley  “The Lightning Banjo Player”    Over the last 18 months, site member Richard Ineson has been working on a biography of the wor…

20 Nov 30, 2016
Reply by F. Chris Ware

Gregory's Practical Fingering for Banjo

Joel has kindly sent me an updated version on the Gregory's Tutor.  This is VERY interesting and shows the advancements made as to HOW t…

6 Nov 28, 2016
Reply by Jody Stecher

Cleopha (1902)...Scott Jolin

This is a cracker of a march and two step by Joplin and one with which I wasn't previously familiar. As with the others, I've arranged a 2n…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Nov 24, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service