Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Contentment Rag by Joseph Lamb

Steve has produced another ragtime arrangement for classic banjo, and he describes this as "a pleasant slow rag and quite easy to play."  …

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Dec 31, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

Ragtime Nightingale (1915) Joseph Lamb

My take on this great tune is now in the library plus the midi. I've stuck as closely as possible to the original piano score except for tw…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Dec 31, 2013

William J Ball... a nice and genuine guy!

I have been chatting to site member Jurg Pfister and he told me about a letter that he received in 1980 from William J Ball. Jurg had wr…

5 Dec 29, 2013
Reply by Mike Redman

WOW! Fred Van Eps plays Patrol Comique

Well here is another new one on me!  I have heard Patrol Comique played by Vess Ossman but have not heard Van Eps play it before.   Perhap…

2 Dec 28, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

SEASONS GREETINGS FROM US !

I would like to wish all who have visited the site, and especially those who have posted discussions, questions and media,  A VERY HAPPY CH…

4 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by Richard William Ineson

A Blues arrangement for banjo BULLFROG BLUES

This is all my fault!  Steve came up with a great ragtime piece that neither of us had heard of and I fell in love with it… despite it bein…

1 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by Trapdoor2

Banjo Collector's Gathering, Knoxville, TN, USA...Nov 14-17 2013.

Just got back from the Knoxville Gathering. Whew! This is the second gathering I've attended, last one was in Nashville a few years ago. Th…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by thereallyniceman

American Beauty (1913) by Joseph Lamb

This is the second tune suggested by Dave Houle and it really is a cracker. The syncopation and timing is tricky, especially in the first s…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by Steve Harrison

Ching Chong An Oriental One-Step

This piece, composed by Lee S Roberts, was recorded by the Van Eps Trio in 1917. I asked if Steve Harrison would have a go at arranging…

0 Dec 19, 2013

Fr Adam Hunkler. interesting post in hidden place

Frank Hunkler has written a post that would be of interest to everyone here but has placed in the hard-to-operate Chat room area. I tried t…

Started by Jody Stecher

7 Dec 18, 2013
Reply by Clayton Walter

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service