Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist's Discussions (73)

Discussions Replied To (71) Replies Latest Activity

"Dear "Friends:   I am back on the trail of Vance Lowry, for a presentation on Lowry…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Aug 28, 2018 to Vance Lowry and the classic banjo?

86 Sep 14, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist

"I tend to agree with the Very Nice man about the absence of the fifth string insofar…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Mar 12, 2018 to Vance Lowry and the classic banjo?

86 Sep 14, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist

"You mean Stewart wasn't as kind, soft hearted, easy going and tolerant to you as he…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Dec 1, 2015 to Death of S. S. Stewart.

9 Dec 1, 2015
Reply by Joel Hooks

"Joel,  perhaps you might have a different impression of the man than I do! LOL know…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Dec 1, 2015 to Death of S. S. Stewart.

9 Dec 1, 2015
Reply by Joel Hooks

"I simply don't understand how people don't look at the realities of segregation both…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Feb 22, 2015 to Classic banjo and blues banjo

47 Feb 22, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

"  First of all stacks of volumes have been written not about the derivation of the b…"

Tony Thomas MFA Black Banjoist replied Feb 22, 2015 to Classic banjo and blues banjo

47 Feb 22, 2015

"Just on black string bands,  in black old time string bands you don't find any of th…"

47 Feb 22, 2015

"Nice post  Jody.   I don't disagree with anything you said, in fact I am copying dow…"

47 Feb 22, 2015

"Actually,  I have done comparisons of repertoire of Southern white and Southern blac…"

47 Feb 22, 2015

"I don't want to extend this point, but  actually as someone who spend years research…"

47 Feb 22, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service