Classic Banjo (2,668)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Well really! Any suggestions on what has happened to this Weaver Banjo??

I received this email and photos from Eric Harding asking about his "Weaver Banjo". It certainly is not like any Weaver I have seen!  Any c…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 May 10, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

Dusky Dudes (1898)..Jean (John) Schwartz.

This is yet another early cake walk due for a revival. It's a lively tune and I've added the obligatory bass solos. Schwartz was a prolifi…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 May 9, 2014

Cullen and Collins, recording artists.

Here is another rare and early recording from the 19th Century!   Maybe I should know of Cullen and Collins, but I know very little (noth…

2 May 8, 2014
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Wake up America !

Here is an interesting tune that Steve has found lurking in the depths of the archives!   During the First World War (1914-1918), America…

6 May 6, 2014
Reply by Trapdoor2

Banjo Knee?

I was hunting through old BMG magazines and in the October 1965 edition I discovered a relatively little known medical problem... banjo kne…

1 May 5, 2014
Reply by marc dalmasso

Strings for XX Special

I notice there are several active forum members who play a Clifford Essex XX Special. I have had one for several years and found that with…

Started by Jody Stecher

12 May 5, 2014
Reply by marc dalmasso

Four Banjo scores by Herbert J. Ellis

Jean-Marie van de Laar has sent through scans of four tunes found in the Herbert J. Ellis Banjo Album 8     The scores and MP3s for the tun…

0 May 2, 2014

WE NEED MORE CLASSIC BANJO PLAYERS AT OUR SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE

Calling all Classic Banjo Players. I know some have already signed up for the Classic Banjo course with Elias Sibley at the BMG Federation…

Started by Sandra Woodruff

1 May 1, 2014
Reply by thereallyniceman

Another Paul Eno banjo solo

I've been practicing Paul Eno's "Valse De Concert". I've never heard it played by anyone. It's got four parts as well as an intro and a cod…

Started by Jody Stecher

6 May 1, 2014
Reply by Jody Stecher

VIRUS WARNING FOR MAC USERS

I have not been around much on site recently, what, nobody missed me???  But hope to be around much more from now. Thank you to everyone…

1 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by Ginny Matheson

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service