Classic Banjo (2,236)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Honey Rag..1909..Egbert van Alstyne

This is another good example of early ragtime written by one of American popular music's most prolific composers. I had to be a bit inventi…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jun 8

Best Resources for Learning Proper Right-hand Technique

I apologize for starting two threads in a row, but once I have an answer to this question I should be set for a while. What are the best re…

Started by Cyndy Richardson

7 Jun 4
Reply by Joel Hooks

FOR SALE!: Lot of Classic Banjo Instruction & Banjo Music Books

Lot of Classic Banjo Instruction & Banjo Music Books from Clifford Essex and two Joe Morley stickers!: I badly injured my left arm a l…

Started by Milwaukee Matzen

2 Jun 2
Reply by Milwaukee Matzen

Cubital tunnel syndrome

Anyone out there have/had cubital tunnel syndrome?  I have horrible aches in my biceps and elbows on both arms and tingling and numbness in…

Started by thereallyniceman

9 Jun 1
Reply by Milwaukee Matzen

On To Victory..1903..Sadie Koninsky as Jerome Hartman.

This is the third of SK's Spanish/American war era patriotic marches and it doesn't disappoint. It is equally as good as the previous two m…

0 Jun 1

The Return Of The Troops (1902)...Sadie Koninsky as Jerome Hartman

This is a barnstormer of a march with some great bass solos. I couldn't find the relevance of the Title but as it was published in 1902, ma…

2 May 28
Reply by Steve Harrison

"Happy-Go-Lucky" Transcription

Finding the correct composer was a process, as this is an obscure piece with a popular title. This is not the Grimshaw banjo solo of the sa…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

3 May 27
Reply by thereallyniceman

Dance of the Pirates

Shiver me timbers, mateys, and shake yer booties !! Here's my transcription of "Dance of the Pirates", as played by Vess L. Ossman in the l…

4 May 25
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

Beneath The Starry Flag..1909..Sadie Koninsky..(as Jerome Hardman)

I hadn't arranged a march for some time so I thought I'd see what I could make of this patriotic piece written by the composer of Eli Green…

0 May 21

Ossman's Arrangement of "Arabia March"

When our third wave and third lock-down arrived, I'd already passed a year making several wood carvings and a banjo. Looking for a change,…

2 May 21
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service