Classic Banjo (2,357)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

William Barrett banjo solos from 1926

Recently I was sent a box of music from New Zealand.  While the bulk of the box was stuff I already had (including several copies of the Da…

Started by Joel Hooks

3 Mar 29
Reply by Trapdoor2

Did Clifford Essex go out of business?

I just tried to order a gift for someone from Clifford Essex. But, the site appears to be down. Has Clifford Essex gone out of business?

Started by Milwaukee Matzen

14 Mar 27
Reply by Russ Chandler

Who got The Lemon?..1909..Marcella A. Henry

Marcella henry was an associate of Axil Christensen and taught piano in his music school in Chicago. Being an early promotor and composer o…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Mar 23

Red Mouse Rag..1910..Wilbur Jacob Piper

Piper spent most of his musical career as the leader of the Sydney Concert Band in Sydney Ohio where he lived for most of his life. This is…

2 Mar 21
Reply by Steve Harrison

A Seasonal offering from Richard Ineson

It has been such a lovely day here in the UK that my friend Richard Ineson sent us a gift for a hopefully early spring! Mendelssohn's "S…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Mar 17
Reply by Trapdoor2

Skip Buehling ?

Perusing back issues of BMG here I came across mention of a young Arkansas fiddle/banjo player attending the ABF rally that year of the abo…

Started by nick stephens

5 Mar 15
Reply by Joel Hooks

MIDLANDS BANJO FESTIVAL, UK 2022

Keith has just confirmed that this year the Midlands Banjo Festival will be held at: The Hilton House Hotel, Hilton Derbyshire, on Saturd…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Mar 13

The Belle Of Broadway, J. H. Jennings

Here's another very 'period' sounding piece, well 1897... Standard drill, A notation duo transposed to C notation, tab included. Doesn't lo…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Mar 10
Reply by Steve Harrison

The Brazilian Maxixe..1914..Frank Henri Klickmann

A Maxixe (pronounced Ma-shee-sh), is the Brazilian form of Tango. This is a good example by Klickmann that works well on the banjo. If you…

0 Mar 8

Cello banjo player seeks company

Cello banjo players are few and far between, shy creatures who rarely venture beyond the back row of anything,but here is one who is active…

Started by Anthony Peabody

4 Mar 7
Reply by Anthony Peabody

RSS

© 2022   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service