Classic Banjo (2,461)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sheet Music Request Alabama Echoes.

From its form and structure, the excellent Alabama Echoes, which I posted last week, appears to have been written by Eno for banjo. So far…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 Dec 23, 2022
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

A Simple Banjo

https://collections.mfa.org/objects/485783/banjo?ctx=389de3e2-e673-4bae-94e2-feb2241c8ec1&idx=12

Started by Jody Stecher

9 Dec 23, 2022
Reply by Steve Harrison

A ragtime Episode..1899..Paul Eno..New Score.

Having recently celebrated (if that's the correct word!)  my 74th birthday, I have no enthusiasm or incentive to spend time committing tune…

0 Dec 21, 2022

NEW feature added to MUSIC LIBRARY

I have been asked numerous times for scores suitable for playing by Beginners to Classic Style. We have now added functions to the SEARCH f…

Started by thereallyniceman

10 Dec 20, 2022
Reply by Mike Bostock

Turner's Banjo Budget Timeline.

Some time ago I started a spreadsheet for Stewart's banjo music for my own reference.  The reason was to keep track of what music I had (mo…

Started by Joel Hooks

4 Dec 18, 2022
Reply by Mike Bostock

The Mosquito's Parade (A Jersey Review)..1900..Howard Whitney

This tune was recorded by Vess Ossman, a copy of which can be found in original recordings. I've taken my arrangement from the original pia…

0 Dec 17, 2022

Alligator Bait Rag (A different Rag)..1912..Hal G. Nichols.

This is another good composition from the composer of Harmony Rag, there are no bumps in the road with this one and it's not too challengin…

0 Dec 8, 2022

Classic banjo as a term of reference

Can members here provide, or direct me to, external source references for the earliest use of the term 'Classic banjo'? I've looked at the…

Started by Mike Bostock

26 Dec 7, 2022
Reply by Mike Bostock

New Orleans Blues..1925..Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton.

This is the 4th of Morton's tunes that I've arranged and is probably the least challenging of the four to play. The fingering is fairly str…

0 Dec 6, 2022

Anyone identify these tracks?

I have two tracks played by Tom Edwards and I need the titles and composer. I sort of recognise them and will probably kick myself when I g…

Started by thereallyniceman

8 Dec 5, 2022
Reply by Richard William Ineson

RSS

© 2023   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service