Classic Banjo (2,179)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What strings are people using?

Curious as to what strings people prefer? I have some La Bella 17 Classics on the way. Are there other strings that I should tried?

Started by Milwaukee Matzen

5 Jan 6
Reply by Milwaukee Matzen

Hurricane Rag (1911)..Frederick Green Johnson

After Thunderbolt Rag, this is another weather themed tune. I could find nothing about the composer which is a pity because this definitely…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jan 6

Reuben Reubens Paper Collection Released

All Classic Banjo Ning Fans I 'm Satoshi Hara (Samurai Banjo), a Japanese banjo player and member of the Classic Banjo Ning. I 'm always l…

Started by Samurai Banjo

35 Jan 5
Reply by Byron Thomas

Dynamite Rag (1908)...Samuel J. Stokes.

This is the second of SJS,s four published rags and as with my previously posted Thunderbolt Rag, it's a well written composition. I've com…

0 Jan 3

Classic Banjo Podcasts from classicbanjo.com?

Hi, Does anyone one know if the Classic Banjo Podcasts from the now defunct classicbanjo.com are still hosted anywhere? Thanks!

10 Jan 1
Reply by nick stephens

Thunderbolt Rag (1912)..Samuel J. Stokes

After my A.J.Weidt march, it's back to the ragtime. This is a well written piece and ticks all the ragtime boxes. I've arranged it in G fro…

0 Dec 31, 2020

Here They Come 1924 (a march)...A.J.Weidt.

This is another good march to add to the AJW files. The piano score was taken from the Melody magazine of July, 1924. It makes a good banjo…

2 Dec 30, 2020
Reply by Steve Harrison

John Field Memorial BMG LIBRARY- UPDATED

Recently a banjo friend offered a very large number of BMG magazines to help fill the gaps in the John Field LIBRARY.  After a LOT of work…

Started by thereallyniceman

16 Dec 29, 2020
Reply by Richard William Ineson

Books on history of classic banjo? And, CD’s of classic banjo music?

Hi everyone, Any recommendations on books that include a history of classic banjo? I am also looking for suggestions on classic banjo CD’s…

9 Dec 28, 2020
Reply by Milwaukee Matzen

What everyone needs for Christmas?

What everyone needs for Christmas. Or maybe not. An automatic banjo that will take up more room than you ever imagined a banjo would. ht…

Started by Jody Stecher

0 Dec 25, 2020

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service