Classic Banjo (1,888)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Coon Serenade (1903)....M. H. Irish

An early folk rag by another mystery composer, I could find no information or other compositions by him/her. It's a very good tune with som…

Started by Steve Harrison

2 Jul 9
Reply by Trapdoor2

Gasoline Rag (1908)..Louis Henry Mentel

This is one of the Automobile related tunes suggested by Marc. It's a catchy well written tune that plays well on the banjo. The piano scor…

1 Jul 8
Reply by Trapdoor2

Banjos for sale (Weavers and Cammeyer).

I'm selling a handful of really great banjos for classic style. This time around I am willing to ship. For sale is: 11" Weaver  10.75" Wea…

Started by John Cohen

5 Jul 3
Reply by John Cohen

Fuss And Feathers (1909)....J. C. Halls.

This tune was published Harry Lincoln, a prolific composer of early ragtime music who was known to have published many self penned composit…

0 Jul 2

Alternate picking (Queen of the Burlesque)

Hello - just asking for help on alternate picking in Queen of the Burlesque. In the first measure, there are two triplets and I am finding…

Started by carrie horgan

17 Jun 25
Reply by carrie horgan

He'd Have To Get Under, Get Out And Get Under (1913)...Maurice Abrahams

This another of my arrangements of early 20th Century popular songs and continues my automobile theme. The lyrics were by Grant Clarke &…

2 Jun 25
Reply by Steve Harrison

Cello banjo for sale and Parke Hunter banjo for sale

I forgot to mention that in addition to the other classic banjos I have for sale, I have a large cello banjo that I'd part with. The rim is…

Started by John Cohen

0 Jun 23

"Length'ning Shadows" by Alf Bell

Here's today's project, "Length'ning Shadows" by Alf Bell. I know nothing about Mr. Bell but I found this little piece hiding on my hard dr…

Started by Trapdoor2

2 Jun 22
Reply by Richard William Ineson

The Unnamed Rag (1917)....Frank Pallma

This is a catchy one off rag by another mystery composer. I could find no info about him nor any other compositions which is a pity as this…

0 Jun 19

The Automobile Spin (1899)..Grace Walls Linn

This is a pleasant tune and very much of it's time. It wouldn't have looked out of place in one of the early banjo tutors and it could easi…

4 Jun 19
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service