Classic Banjo (2,291)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cole Smoak (A Rag)..1906..Clarence Hoard St.John.

Little is known about the composer, he published 20 compositions between 1902 and 1923 including Collars And Cuffs which I arranged some ti…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Oct 18

Clifford Essex Professional Dating (they were made 1922 or later).

While at the Kaufman's house, instead of the rally, I had a chance to sit with Eli and go through BMGs.  For various reasons I did not get…

Started by Joel Hooks

21 Oct 13
Reply by Jody Stecher

Johnny-Jump-Ups (A Flowery Rag)..1905..Sydney S. Barker

This is another one off composition by a little known composer. The only information I could find about him is what is shown on the title p…

0 Oct 11

Cannibal Rag (A Syncopated Jungle Two-Step)..1911..Ed. Dangle

This one of four pieces of music published by the composer, other than that, I've so far found no further information about him.  It's a we…

0 Oct 9

ABF Rally report Sept 29-Oct 3...making lemonade out of a lemon!

Crazy. Really crazy. I drove 12hrs up to Newark, NY for the ABF Rally. I broke the drive up into two days and arrived 4hrs too early to the…

Started by Trapdoor2

11 Oct 7
Reply by Joel Hooks

J.J.J.Rag..1905..Joe Jordan aka Joseph Zachariah Taylor Jordan.

This is another tune that was recorded by the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra (MP3 attached). Jordan was one of the lesser regarded ragtime compo…

0 Oct 7

Sandy River Rag...1913..Thomas Stephen Allen

This is another first rate composition from T.S.Allen, the piano score was written in F but I've arranged it in G for ease of playing. The…

8 Oct 5
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Minstrel band..A Rag..1909..Albert Gumble

Albert Gumble was another prolific composer of the ragtime era and beyond and this tune is, in my opinion, one of his best. My suggested fi…

0 Oct 2

New CE Armrests?

I ran across this listing the other day... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224619148474 It looked off, like it was thicker and shorter than the…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Sep 28
Reply by Joel Hooks

Homespun Rag..(1913)..Thos. Stephen Allen.

This is a first rate composition written by one of Ragtime's most prolific composers who produced an extraordinary body of work. Needless t…

2 Sep 26
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service