Classic Banjo (2,040)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kentucky Minstrels...who is playing?

I have been chatting to my friend Rob Murch and he sent me a Youtube link to a recording of the "Kentucky Minstrels". There is much singing…

Started by thereallyniceman

1 Apr 30
Reply by Trapdoor2

Sunset Frolics (1900)...John Francis Guilder

This is one of those tunes that could have been written for banjo and as such I've added the usual 'banjofication'. It's a jolly tune descr…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Apr 27

One more!

I dont't know what's going on in Germany at the moment. Zitherbanjos popping up all the time. Most probably everybody knows that because of…

Started by Pär Engstrand

2 Apr 19
Reply by Pär Engstrand

Jazzbo's Holiday

I've been trying to make the most of the lockdown by learning what i think might be my favorite tune - Tarrant Baliey Juniors Jazzbo's Holi…

Started by Russ Chandler

1 Apr 18
Reply by thereallyniceman

Temlett banjo Manufacture date. HELP

Serial 3709 stamped on head stock. Can some one tell me when this was made. W. TEMLETT MAKER LONDON This is a 5 string banjo. 3 tuners one…

Started by Philip Chapman

0 Apr 18

Bluebell Polka arrangement for banjo.

When I was growing up in the 1950s (am I really THAT old?) the BBC radio and TV were full of accordion music and non more prevalent was Jim…

Started by thereallyniceman

29 Apr 18
Reply by Pär Engstrand

Jesusita En Chihuahua (1916)...Quirino Mendoza y Cortés.

My thanks to Jody for posting the video of this excellent Polka, I'd not heard it before and decided to see what I could do with it for cla…

6 Apr 16
Reply by Trapdoor2

Maple Leaf Rag (1911)..Scott Joplin

Working on the principle that you can't have enough arrangements of a good tune I was requested by Carrie to arrange this in C for her. I'm…

10 Apr 13
Reply by Joel Hooks

Two banjos in Germany

Hi all, there's two interessting banjos for sale in Germany. First there's a "Concert 981". It doesn't say a maker. Anyone know anything ab…

Started by Pär Engstrand

5 Apr 11
Reply by Jody Stecher

Windsor Artiste 3

Hi folks, I got myself a Windsor Artiste 3 about a week ago, for alsmost no money (sometimes a man's got to be lucky...). It was in a prett…

Started by Pär Engstrand

4 Apr 8
Reply by Eric Crum

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service