Classic Banjo (1,784)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Armadillo" Rag Two-step (1911) Clarence F. Brown

This is a tune that deviates from the usual ragtime formula with some interesting chords and syncopation. It moves around the fret board qu…

Started by Steve Harrison

6 Feb 22
Reply by Steve Harrison

Dixie Flyer (1901)...A.E.Henrich..New Arrangement.

This is another updated arrangement of a tune I did some years ago. It's a good early cake walk and worth a second look. The updated score…

0 Feb 21

Two more original compositions

John Willis has kindly sent two more of his own compositions for Classic Style Banjo. and I wonder who Joe can be?????? :-) Both scores w…

Started by thereallyniceman

3 Feb 20
Reply by Trapdoor2

Happy Days In Georgia (1899)...Chas. Keubler

This is another long forgotten early cakewalk which suits the banjo very well. I've arranged it in G from the original Key of F. It's not t…

0 Feb 19

"In Ole Alabam" (1900)...Hortensia Weisman.

This the only composition published by HW which is a great pity because this is a very good example of an early cakewalk and is yet another…

0 Feb 13

Original composition and playing

Site member John Willis has sent me a beautiful composition of his own for Classic Style entitled JUST SUBLIME. John composed this in 2003…

2 Feb 13
Reply by Randy Dary

THE NEW JOHN FIELD BMG LIBRARY IS NOW OPEN!

Recently site member and fine banjo player of many styles, John Field from the UK, died and one his wishes was that his collection of BMGs…

45 Feb 12
Reply by thereallyniceman

The Tar-heeler's Dream (1899)..W.J.Rahley...New arrangement.

This has always been one of my favourites and was worth another look. It makes a very good banjo tune and has a great bass solo in the trio…

0 Feb 11

Morley’s Palladium Rag - Piano Part, Anyone?

Does anyone out there have the piano sheet music for Palladium Rag, by Joe Morley?

Started by Aaron Jonah Lewis

11 Feb 11
Reply by Aaron Jonah Lewis

"Come Take A Trip In my Air Ship" (1904) George Evans & Ren Shields

This is the third of the songs suggested by Joel Hooks. It's a simple but very melodic waltz that plays well on the banjo. I've attached an…

2 Feb 9
Reply by Steve Harrison

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service