Classic Banjo (1,931)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Old Folks at Home/My Old Kentucky Home (1905)..Ragtime arrangement by Percy Wenrich.

Continuing my exploration of the music of PW, this is a very good novelty version of a couple of well covered old time tunes. I've 'banjofi…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Oct 3

An Experiment with String Gauge

I went and done dood it:  I tried LaBella number seventeens on my Stefanelli banjo.   A few weeks ago I had a 90 minute banjo session with…

Started by Jody Stecher

2 Oct 3
Reply by Jody Stecher

Retirement...today!!!

Today is my last day at work! Technically, Friday is my last paid day but I had 4 days of excess "use or lose" so I'm burning it. We had pl…

Started by Trapdoor2

2 Oct 1
Reply by Trapdoor2

Weaver for sale!

I have one last 11'' Weaver for sale for a low price. It's a "player" and not a collector's piece, but it's a really fun banjo. I'll have i…

Started by John Cohen

0 Sep 30

Fun-Bob (1913)...Percy Wenrich.

This is another from my Wenrich 'to do' list and as would be expected, is another fine example of ragtime music written by one of the most…

0 Sep 30

Domino Rag (1913)...C.E.Brandon

Clarence E. Brandon was a writer, composer and performer of ragtime music in the early 20th. century.This is one of only two scores that I…

0 Sep 28

A Southern Symphony (1910)..Percy Wenrich.

This is another good example of ragtime from PW and a good tune to boot. It's very much in the same league as Smiler Rag and worth a listen…

0 Sep 26

Midland Banjo Festival

Hi all, as a newbie to the classic banjo I was perusing the net and,found this event advertised, I have recently acquired a nice old Weaver…

Started by nick stephens

1 Sep 23
Reply by Daniel Bradbury

Middleton's Spanish Dance

Was this ever published before the current New CE TAB edition? I've found quite a few of his compositions and arrangements in the BMG, but…

Started by Joel Hooks

5 Sep 18
Reply by Joel Hooks

Latest Banjo Project

I haven't been on site much for a while. As some may know, hand issues have reduced my practise time and playing proficiency. As a diversio…

Started by Shawn McSweeny

16 Sep 13
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service