Classic Banjo (2,222)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Darkies' Masquerade (1899)...Maurice J. Kerwin

This is an early folk rag/barn dance that like many of those early tunes, could have been written for banjo. I suppose that it's possible t…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Mar 12

Spammer Attack on Classic Banjo Ning

I would like to warn all CB NING members about a spammer who slipped through our very strict security. If you receive a message from a pers…

Started by thereallyniceman

6 Mar 12
Reply by thereallyniceman

That Fussy Rag (1908)...Victor Herbert Smalley.

This was originally written as a song and as such, remains in the key of C throughout. The piano arrangement ticks all the ragtime boxes bu…

0 Mar 9

E. N. Guckert's Rapid Method for the Banjo

If you were one of the unfortunate people that bought a regular banjo from Sears, Roebuck and Co between 1901 and about 1920 then you would…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Mar 7

A Clean Scan of the 20th Century Method By J. E. Agnew

Doing a little scanning this weekend and decided we should have a clean scan of this book.  It is historically significant as being the fir…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Mar 7

Carrie's Gone To Kansas City..(1909)..John William "Blind" Boone.

Very appropriately, this arrangement was requested by Carrie. It's taken from the first part of Boone's Southern Rag Medley No.2. Strains F…

0 Mar 7

A different kind of banjo contest/ Samurai style?

I received this in an email from a friend this evening. 

Started by Jody Stecher

3 Mar 7
Reply by Jody Stecher

Joe Morley Playing for Sailors

This Real Photo Post Card came from John Cohen.  Shared with his permission. Enjoy!

Started by Joel Hooks

23 Mar 6
Reply by Jody Stecher

about classic banjo action

hi there  Can anyone tell the average classic banjo action on the 12 fret? Also i am wondering how to make my banjo sound more deep and wit…

Started by morten lind

33 Mar 3
Reply by morten lind

Pork and Beans Rag (1913)..Charles Luckyth "Lucky" Roberts.

This is another tune recorded by the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra (MP3 attached) and is very different to most other rags written at the time.…

0 Mar 2

RSS

© 2021   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service