Classic Banjo (1,862)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dates for UK Banjo Rallies

I have just added details to our EVENTS page of up coming banjo rallies in the UK.

Started by thereallyniceman

0 May 19

Sing Ling Ting (1923)...George Linus Cobb

This is my arrangement of the tune recorded by FVE that was recently posted by Ian. Providing you don't attempt to play it at FVE speed, it…

Started by Steve Harrison

3 May 19
Reply by Steve Harrison

ABF Group Numbers

In preparing for the rally make sure you have a copy of all of the "group numbers." These are the pieces we play together in the "round rob…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 May 17

ABF Rally Reminder

We are expecting a larger than normal turnout for the rally including many new faces. I recommend that you book a room now if you have not.…

Started by Joel Hooks

1 May 17
Reply by thereallyniceman

Bill Evans playing some Cammeyer

Hi all, A snippet of Bill Evans playing some Cammeyer on a Cammeyer ... https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXpekgFhP6/?utm_source=ig_web_button

Started by Pip

3 May 16
Reply by Pär Engstrand

A busy week for things to do! MORE BMGs

I have just received another batch of BMGs from my friend in Germany, Michael Reichenbach. This time he has "almost" completed 1960 and wit…

9 May 16
Reply by Jody Stecher

American Emblem..(1923)..Harry James Lincoln

HJL was a popular and prolific composer whose compositions date from 1900 until 1936. This is the 10th Lincoln tune that I've arranged and…

Started by Steve Harrison

4 May 16

Technique

“To obtain the best possible tone from the instrument a delicate “touch” and diligent practice is required…One essential point…is to employ…

Started by Rob MacKillop

6 May 15
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Sometimes I simply despair :-)

I am sitting here missing or fluffing notes, stumbling through a piece that I have played 1000 times but today my fat finger syndrome/ memo…

6 May 15

Clowne Banjo Rally

Just finished unpacking the car from yesterday's Rally. Well attended with faces old and new - Great to see and hear the legendary John W…

Started by David Wade

6 May 14
Reply by Pär Engstrand

RSS

© 2019   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service