Classic Banjo (1,975)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Possible Clifford Essex?

Ive just bought this. It has John Alvey Turner stamps on it and is called 'The Alvey'.  Does anyone have any information on this model? It…

Started by Andrew 'blind boy' Butler

18 Dec 30, 2019
Reply by carrie horgan

Farland Banjo strings. Questions for the historians.

This mysterious package has appeared on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/324023753972?ul_noapp=true It provoked a number of questions.…

Started by Jody Stecher

6 Dec 28, 2019
Reply by Trapdoor2

Feldman's Banjo Album

How many of you woke up this morning thinking "gee, I wish I had a banjo arrangement of the hit song "I Want 'em Wild, Weak, Warm, and Will…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Dec 25, 2019
Reply by Trapdoor2

Requesting Help with Dates of Publication for Program Notes

Hello! I'm having my first big CD release concert for "Mozart of the Banjo" on 5 Jan, the programs go to print 2 Jan and I am in need of a…

Started by Aaron Jonah Lewis

3 Dec 25, 2019
Reply by Joel Hooks

Essex and Cammeyer Banjo and Zither Banjo Tutor

Here it is!  Because we need more books on how to learn the banjo!  https://archive.org/details/essexcammeyerbanjoandzitherbanjotutor Enj…

Started by Joel Hooks

2 Dec 23, 2019
Reply by Trapdoor2

STARTING AGAIN.

Hello to everyone, This post is to reintroduce myself to the group. I began learning to play in 2017 and progressed well, but stopped aft…

Started by IAN SALTER

1 Dec 22, 2019
Reply by carrie horgan

Hartnett Tone Bar

Season's Greetings everyone,  Question: Does anyone have a Hartnett Tone Bar that they might be willing to let me borrow witht the option t…

Started by Greg Adams

1 Dec 22, 2019
Reply by marc dalmasso

In Search of a Van Eps 5 String Banjo

Ladies and Gentlemen....Greetings!  I am in search of a Van Eps 5 string hole in the head recording banjo. If any members may happen to ha…

Started by Texican65

0 Dec 21, 2019

Touring in the UK

Hello UK Friends! This is the first of I-hope-not-too-many posts about my upcoming visit to the UK in the spring. I'm getting ready to ann…

Started by Aaron Jonah Lewis

6 Dec 18, 2019
Reply by Andrew 'blind boy' Butler

Dallas' Complete List of Banjo Solos and Technical Works

These catalogs are indispensable for research. I am always fascinated by them. One of the good things about them is that one can see all th…

Started by Joel Hooks

6 Dec 17, 2019
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2020   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service