Classic Banjo (2,695)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

J. Viner banjo -- need parts

I have a 19th-century English-made J. Viner fretless banjo that’s missing some parts. I need 24 hooks (there are 40 in all) and nuts. The h…

Started by Jay Feldman

0 Jun 4

H C Dobson's visit to England.

Is there anyone among your exaulted membership who can remind me when Henry Clay Dodson visited England?  I would be most greatful for thei…

Started by Jake Glanville

5 Jun 3
Reply by Jake Glanville

Grandpa's Spells..1923..Jelly Roll Morton.

This is the 5th and least challenging of my Morton arrangements. The piano score was quite complex so I've simplified it considerably and a…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Jun 1

remaking rare banjo parts-washburn imperial nuts

I have a few 1890s Washburns that are missing some of the original "Imperial" nuts. These things are completely unobtainable,so a friend of…

Started by skip sail

18 May 28
Reply by William Benton

Here They Come...A.J.Weidt

This is a new arrangement of one I wrote some years ago and will replace the one in the library. I found the score in the April 1924 editio…

0 May 28

Temlett "Zither Banjo" inventor or first?

Alright, let's put this one to bed shall we? First, we should define a "zither banjo".  My definition is a closed back banjo, with a tunnel…

Started by Joel Hooks

44 May 25
Reply by Jake Glanville

Southern Hoedown by Paul Eno?

Does anyone have a copy of this one?

Started by Joel Hooks

0 May 24

Baritone Banjo

I've been reading about the Goldtone ML-1 baritone banjo. Something completely new to me. Has anyone used this instrument for classic banjo…

Started by David Trainer

10 May 23
Reply by David Trainer

My recent arrangements.

Ian, with help of his son, has sorted the technical problems experienced when adding music to the library and original recordings. All my r…

0 May 22

G. MATTHEW ONE STRING BANJO NECK.

Has anyone seen one of these before? Any thoughts on the angle of the perch pole? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156158050094?itmmeta=01HTZJSA

Started by IAN SALTER

13 May 22
Reply by IAN SALTER

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service