Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Black Smoke (1902)...C.L.Johnson

This is the second tune suggested by John Cohen and it was a bit of a tester. Considering how early this was written, it has some very unus…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Mar 20, 2015

Tunings

Hi & Salut First post for me here, so please pardon my ignorance I have just been involved in a discussion about multiple tunings on…

Started by Eric Womersley

6 Mar 18, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Olly Oakley plays Those Old Kentucky Bells

I have just found this old recording of Olly Oakley with a vocalist called Jack Starr. (aka Jack Charman (1887-1953), who was a prolific re…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Mar 17, 2015

Fame at last

It is good to see that GOOGLE have today changed their logo to incorporate our favourite instrument. The left handed two string Classic B…

1 Mar 17, 2015
Reply by Shawn McSweeny

"On The Mill Dam Galop" by A.A. Babb

Must be nice to only use two letters to sign your signature... ;-) Mr. Babb published this tune in the 1890's and it must have been a big h…

Started by Trapdoor2

3 Mar 16, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Daffy Down Dilly (1907) John Leubrie Hill

This is a rare rag and unless someone knows otherwise, I suspect that it's unlikely to have been arranged for banjo before. J.L.Hill was…

1 Mar 15, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Joe Morley's Black Pearl

Does anyone out in "Banjoworld" have a copy of the second banjo part for JM's "Black Pearl" that they would share with me? Many thanks Ian

9 Mar 15, 2015
Reply by marc dalmasso

Possum Rag (1907)..Geraldine Dobyns.

John Cohen asked if a banjo arrangement for this tune had been done so I thought I'd see what I could make of it. The piano score was in…

2 Mar 14, 2015
Reply by Steve Harrison

Vellum choice/thickness

Greetings! I've been working on an old Morrison banjo and just about have her all polished and cleaned up to my liking. I still need a vell…

Started by Texican65

4 Mar 14, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

The Twirler (1907)...King Kollins

As this was written by a banjoist, there must be a banjo score out there somewhere, never the less this is my take using the piano score ki…

0 Mar 9, 2015

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service