Classic Banjo (2,666)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alabama Dream (1899)..George D. Barnard.

This is the last of my current batch of arrangements until the new year. She who is to be obeyed keeps going on at me about preparing for X…

Started by Steve Harrison

0 Dec 6, 2015

Ragtime Nightmare (1900) Tom Turpin.

This is another very good early rag from Turpin. I'll eventually arrange all 6 of his published rags. The score and midi are in the libra…

0 Dec 6, 2015

The Vamp (1919)...Byron Gay

This is an unusual tune tune for banjo but after hearing the Van Eps recording, I decided to see what I could make of it. It's not a comp…

0 Dec 6, 2015

Sunflower Dance

Just watched a video of Ian going through Sunflower Dance and had a go myself... Really enjoyed playing it. Really loving this site. The we…

Started by Andy Spencer

0 Dec 5, 2015

Another twenty audio tracks, with scores, added to the WORKS OF JOE MORLEY PAGE

If you have not yet visited our “Works of Joe Morley” page on the website, it is time that you did!   Rev. Anthony Peabody has been working…

Started by thereallyniceman

0 Dec 5, 2015

Donkey Laugh

Printed the music for Donkey Laugh today so will be having a plod through that later on after work. Any tips? Cheers. Andy

Started by Andy Spencer

14 Dec 5, 2015
Reply by thereallyniceman

Killer deal on a good banjo

I saw this last night and think it is worth a look if someone was in the market.  These need a little set up for classic playing, but not m…

Started by Joel Hooks

0 Dec 3, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOE MORLEY

Joe Morley (originally Joseph Caswell ) was born in Kinver in Staffordshire, UK on the 3rd December 1867, his parents were George Morley…

0 Dec 3, 2015

NEW and EXCITING Christmas present idea.

After all last weeks excitement with the "SX chest operated, Expression Stop" and the  NE-KLIP Music stand, Richard Ineson has sent another…

7 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

Another rare Frederick Fletcher Van Eps recording turns up!

I have been looking for information on, my hero, "Fred" Van Eps and never cease to be amazed by the number of recordings that he made, and…

16 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Jody Stecher

RSS

© 2024   Created by thereallyniceman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service